Newfangled Audio Generate 1.3, new wavefolders, effects mods, Apple M1 support & still 50% off

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
SLiC
KVRAF
8400 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:48 am

Just in case anyone missed this update to one of the great and original synths...still 50% off as well!

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/post/generate-1-3

https://youtu.be/BeeB_d0vLjY
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

zerocrossing
KVRAF
11574 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 am

I somehow can’t get myself excited for this one. Not sure why.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
6586 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 am

I have stolen all your excitement it seems because I am still… Wish I could give it back…

SLiC
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:27 am

Yup, I think this is one of the better VSTs to have come out, it dares to be different (maybe a bit of Aalto vibe) and I love it!
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

morphex
KVRian
570 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Pacific NW, USA

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:08 pm

I am constantly turning to Generate for cinematic synth bass and dusty atmospheres and fuzzy pads. It's very easy to quickly dial in powerful low-end tones with interesting harmonics and movement. The recent update added some cool functionality, but I'm kind of glad that it hasn't been overly complicated.

Instead, it's been rock-solid in terms of stability on my iMac and it has such great character. I would like to see some more CPU optimization as I still get spikes occasionally. Support has been consistent and it's current price is a real bargain. I thought it would be more on the niche side of things, but I have been pleasantly surprised with how much use Generate gets in my sessions. Definitely money well spent!!

WasteLand
KVRAF
2229 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:20 am

i fully agree, that is an original synth, it came out, while also Plasmonic came out, roundabout, also an original synth.
indeed Madrona Labs, sonicLab, accSone, Dawesome, Delta-V-Audio, etc. 'original'. or LION, more known, i believe, but still...
great that there is more choice, in i call them niche synths, but original synth is better.
and all MPE...

i collect them, and not only that, i use them.... with Generate and MPE, the bandwidth you can get with one preset is overwhelming, when you make your own MPE presets.

and every updates adds a lot.

Generate is quite easy on my CPU (Plasmonic is even strangely very easy on the CPU, even with MPE + Modulations).
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

SLiC
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:46 am

That's the spirit, support the leftfield east Coast MPE upstarts, we have enough 'exact copies of a synths from the last 40 years...

Synthesis used to be all about innovation, not sounding like the past ('The archetypal sounds of the genre are gone, a fading snapshot of nostalgic music pining for a decade that began 40 years ago' RIP Synthwave!!!!)

aMUSEd
KVRAF
33083 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:20 am

This plugin would be awesome split up into modules for VCV Rack, Cherry Audio Voltage Modular or Softube Modular (or even hardware versions)

Return to “Instruments”