Best modern hardware for trance style leads?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the title says - Best modern hardware for trance style leads?

Still the Access Virus, I would guess.

Not sure how many of the big names still use hardware though. It seems to me that 99% of them use software only these days.

Yeah, the Virus is still as viable soundwise for modern trance as anything, although Access has pretty much stopped development.

Notation Peak seems to be a good option, too, although I’ve never used one myself.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Virus, Novation Peak, Waldorf Kyra, Hydrasynth, Korg Minilogue XD (with custom supersaw waveform), Deep Mind 12 is also a good contender (12 poly/unison).

Korg Modwave should work well...

I use Peak or A4 in poly mode for supersaws
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:27 pm I use Peak or A4 in poly mode for supersaws
Funny, I've actually found myself GAS'ing for a Peak ever since I replied to this thread and started watching some YouTube vids. I have a Korg Minilogue XD and agree with Lbdunequest that it would be a decent option as well. The digital waveforms can get into supersaw territory, but the biggest problem is probably the 4-note polyphony. I think a Prologue would probably be a better choice, but I've never used one.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

cryophonik wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:24 pm Funny, I've actually found myself GAS'ing for a Peak ever since I replied to this thread and started watching some YouTube vids. I have a Korg Minilogue XD and agree with Lbdunequest that it would be a decent option as well. The digital waveforms can get into supersaw territory, but the biggest problem is probably the 4-note polyphony. I think a Prologue would probably be a better choice, but I've never used one.
Here's a snippet of a preset of the Prologue I edited slightly to add functionality for the expression pedal I recently got. Added NI Raum and a little compression and that's it.
https://youtu.be/2-HTZNOPAw8

superstardj02 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm As the title says - Best modern hardware for trance style leads?
What have you tried?

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm Still the Access Virus
Very true.
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm Not sure how many of the big names still use hardware though. It seems to me that 99% of them use software only these days.
Very true as well.

As much as I love the Virus, I wouldn't consider choosing it over software these days, especially for trance leads, unless the OP doesn't want to use software synths at all on principle
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

AnX wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:01 am
superstardj02 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm As the title says - Best modern hardware for trance style leads?
What have you tried?
Nothing yet, I just fancy playing with some knobs lol

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”