VCV Rack 2 is out! Free and Pro versions ($99 at launch)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, all subject to personal taste, but there are so many must have modules in my opinion that make VCV a 'must have'...a few that have not already been named...

Music Thing Modular Turing Machine and Radio Modules
Prism Rainbow
Vally Topograph (MI Grids)
Impromptu clocks and sequencers
E340 Cloud Generator
All the Greyscale Modules
All the Erica modules

If you add that to the other great stuff mentioned (and the great VCV Modules) you are probably have 3enbopugh modules to last a lifetime!

The great thing with 2000+ modules is that everyone will find something they like (often for free) and make a unique sound (unless you put rings into clouds ;-)) and that is the purpose of modular!
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 am Ah, all subject to personal taste, but there are so many must have modules in my opinion that make VCV a 'must have'...a few that have not already been named...

Music Thing Modular Turing Machine and Radio Modules
Prism Rainbow
Vally Topograph (MI Grids)
Impromptu clocks and sequencers
E340 Cloud Generator
All the Greyscale Modules
All the Erica modules

If you add that to the other great stuff mentioned (and the great VCV Modules) you are probably have 3enbopugh modules to last a lifetime!
and! Frequency Domain! not yet for VCV 2 (are they coming?). excellent stuff, spectral/granular.

Yeah , the cloud generator is also awesome
Prism Rainbow crashes vcv :x
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 am Prism Rainbow crashes vcv :x
Working for me on Windows, how are you getting the crash?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

i don t know the diff with palette and the audible osc i guess it s the same code with some slight change, it seems easier to use and with some little extra, really nice osc.

in euro rack the most instresting stuff is digital? for now on vcv i find it s the digital oscs the most intresting one but there is not many complex analog osc yet ,waiting for instruo one

kobal wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:54 pm in euro rack the most instresting stuff is digital? for now on vcv i find it s the digital oscs the most intresting one but there is not many complex analog osc yet ,waiting for instruo one
Not VCV but this is my go to for Complex/East Coast sounding stuff...half price right now (and MPE)...https://www.eventideaudio.com/plug-ins/generate/

A Generate module would be a good idea (probably could break it up into several modules actually)

Thanks Slic ,probably vcv will develop and we get more stuff .. even if i right now my level is probably the first limitation .

i would be great if some makenoise intelligel and other popular brands modules appear do you think it s possible?

i don t know why but i m pretty sure intelligel stuff could sound better than in softube modular if it was remade for vcv , the audiorate stuff was not sounding on par at all with hardware to me when trying it , was a big disapointement .

kobal wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:54 pm in euro rack the most instresting stuff is digital?
As you might imagine, there are arguments about that :lol:

But I agree that in general, digital oscillators are capable of more variety where most analog oscillators are pretty basic. And I don't see much point in having a basic analog oscillator when a digital one can cover the exact same ground plus more.

But there are some analog oscillators with great character.

All my dedicated VCOs in Eurorack are digital, but Blades and Angle Grinder (filters) work nicely as oscillators too. Blades can even do some limited phase modulation thanks to CV over filter mode, and AG has comparator-based waveshaping in its feedback loop both for more variety and some chaos.

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 am Prism Rainbow crashes vcv :x
OK- it worked fine when I was using it but crashed when I reloaded the rack later... so seems to be a loading issue?

it s so nice of the mutable guys to have shared their code , their stuff is really in own dimension.. i can t even imagine the sound desgin possilibty when their stuff is mastered.. it s such a present to have access to this itb i feel so gratefull.. it s so much ahead of most thing i used , it feel it come from the futur haha

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm
When loading it from the browser , doesn't always happen but most of the time it does.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Has anyone tried VCV 2 within Unify please ?

Can't see why it wouldn't work just can't find any posts saying anyone had tried

Was just thinking a very easy way to get polyphony with just a couple of clicks

i thought it was polyphonic already?

Return to “Instruments”