Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wangeroge wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:16 am Never take a subscription. As soon as you end it, all the old songs won't work anymore.
Apparently the Izotope ones do open at this point in time if the subscription is not active! You just cannot edit the settings or load an Izotope subscription plugin. But you can still load the project and it will play fine.
Last edited by Sindikhate on Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

becseigy wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:07 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:48 pm I got Kilohearts Ultimate about a year ago, and I never got a voucher. Maybe that's only for the people who use the subscription?
I don't think so. But what do you want to buy with vouchers once you have everything?
Until I bought everything from the ultimate bundle they sent me vouchers, after that they didn't send me any more :).
Last year I got a couple of "thanks for being an Ultimate owner" no-minimum $30 vouchers last holiday season to spend on expansions. Hoping for a repeat this year :)
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Sindikhate wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:04 am Last few hours to grab the izotope 4.1 bundle. I wonder if it worth it.. what is the future for Izotope? Is Ozone 10 coming out after the sales? Will they have the same sale for Xmas?

I regret not taking advantage of the offer they sent me for 79 or 89 for the yearly subscription. I tried to use the link but I think it had a 2 day window.

What is the deal with their product updates? Bug correction and new features should be coming out too on their current perpetual products. If you own O9 and the O-Pro gets new features you should be getting those features too until O10 comes out. Then decide if you want to update your bundle or not. Or it is already working like that? I am a bit confused with their idiotic system.
I was also pondering about this, then I read their pinned comment on this video and I gave up on the idea to invest in their ecosystem any further (I own Neutron 3 standard). They prioritize subscription, so a no go from me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HufSg9cd_9A

anoise wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 am
Sindikhate wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:04 am Last few hours to grab the izotope 4.1 bundle. I wonder if it worth it.. what is the future for Izotope? Is Ozone 10 coming out after the sales? Will they have the same sale for Xmas?

I regret not taking advantage of the offer they sent me for 79 or 89 for the yearly subscription. I tried to use the link but I think it had a 2 day window.

What is the deal with their product updates? Bug correction and new features should be coming out too on their current perpetual products. If you own O9 and the O-Pro gets new features you should be getting those features too until O10 comes out. Then decide if you want to update your bundle or not. Or it is already working like that? I am a bit confused with their idiotic system.
I was also pondering about this, then I read their pinned comment on this video and I gave up on the idea to invest in their ecosystem any further (I own Neutron 3 standard). They prioritize subscription, so a no go from me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HufSg9cd_9A
Utterly pathetic... Though with the release of RX9 which was is included in 4.1 I think the rest of the plugins will follow too, Ozone10 etc. At the moment it seems like they backtracked on their original plan and they are frustrated/confused as to how to keep Advance and Pro models running at the same time. They created this chaos by themselves. They ended up having to do bug fixes for two different plugins (Adv vs Pro) but offering new features only for one of them. They just need to figure out a way to keep both the bundles selling, and their subscription plans alive. The only way to achieve this is to lower the price of their subscription plans. OR/and... if you buy version 10 of Ozone you get all the features and updates until version 11 comes out. Something that NI should have also done with their Komplete range, and they would have people not jumping versions this way. The unknown would have been very intriguing and attractive for all of us. These companies seem to lack consumer psychology knowledge. When more and more companies go the subscription way, they will realise that the average user wallet of 80-90$ a month for MI subscription plans will not be able to feed them all. And they will have to lower their prices by a lot. If they all go full subscription only few will be left in the end. I regret not grabbing their subscription for a year at the very reduced price a few weeks ago. That would have given me time to see where they plan to go with all this. At the moment.. I do not think they have made their minds up either. And I am not sure that looking at this the "scientific way" is the right approach. You give people what they want and they come back and support you and invest on you. They fail to realise that they are not Adobe. Avid was an early example in the industry of how NOT TO DO things. They watched it and did not learn a single thing from it. There are a lot of great alternatives in this business. Heck.. people are going back to hardware these days!!! Yet those decision making buffoons are looking the other way. Many times people cannot analyse situations properly. What they may see as an increase in profits, might not be translating their whys properly. We have had a lot of young blood entering the daw music making the last decade. So if they think their decisions was the reason their profits are higher they have to think again, it is just that the customer base grew bigger.

And for a smart consumer.. there is always the opportunity cost factor! I would need to pay 250eu more or less for the 4.1 bundle right now. Taking into account the opportunity cost of this... what else could I get for the same money? Maybe RX is not fully replaceable and this is the only thing that draws me to the bundle. But the rest of the plugins are. For 250eu during sales you can get a lot of good plugins. If it was not for RX9 and the fact that they offer a groove3 sub for a year I would not even entertain giving them any money.

And in typical ultra-G.A.S fashion after the above tirade I went and purchased MSP 4.1 lol

If anyone wants my Exponential reverbs (Nimbus/R4)let me know!

Sindikhate wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:13 am And in typical ultra-G.A.S fashion after the above tirade I went and purchased MSP 4.1 lol

If anyone wants my Exponential reverbs (Nimbus/R4)let me know!
If you still have it I'm interested in them :)

jneudorf wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:01 am Use cases for mixcraft pro: tracking 32 bit plugins, stage performance resembling Ableton, extra DAW for cheap laptop, Melodyne Audio-to-midi (if you feel guilty about using Reaper beyond its demo). Several interesting (if not cutting edge) synths. Compare-and-contrast for stability of your main DAW.

I'm fighting my urge to get this though.
Am I missing something, or is there really no way to record the audio or midi output from a multi-out vst instrument in Mixcraft? I tried a virtual midi cable, but that just loops (I assume because the cables shouldn't be used within the same app). I can also see audio triggering the all of the individual vst channel meters that I routed the outputs to, but I don't see any way to record them.

I'm open to any feedback or suggestions.

Sindikhate wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:49 am
anoise wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 am I was also pondering about this, then I read their pinned comment on this video and I gave up on the idea to invest in their ecosystem any further (I own Neutron 3 standard). They prioritize subscription, so a no go from me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HufSg9cd_9A
Utterly pathetic... Though with the release of RX9 which was is included in 4.1 I think the rest of the plugins will follow too, Ozone10 etc. At the moment it seems like they backtracked on their original plan and they are frustrated/confused as to how to keep Advance and Pro models running at the same time. They created this chaos by themselves. They ended up having to do bug fixes for two different plugins (Adv vs Pro) but offering new features only for one of them. They just need to figure out a way to keep both the bundles selling, and their subscription plans alive. The only way to achieve this is to lower the price of their subscription plans. OR/and... if you buy version 10 of Ozone you get all the features and updates until version 11 comes out. Something that NI should have also done with their Komplete range, and they would have people not jumping versions this way. The unknown would have been very intriguing and attractive for all of us. These companies seem to lack consumer psychology knowledge. When more and more companies go the subscription way, they will realise that the average user wallet of 80-90$ a month for MI subscription plans will not be able to feed them all. And they will have to lower their prices by a lot. If they all go full subscription only few will be left in the end. I regret not grabbing their subscription for a year at the very reduced price a few weeks ago. That would have given me time to see where they plan to go with all this. At the moment.. I do not think they have made their minds up either. And I am not sure that looking at this the "scientific way" is the right approach. You give people what they want and they come back and support you and invest on you. They fail to realise that they are not Adobe. Avid was an early example in the industry of how NOT TO DO things. They watched it and did not learn a single thing from it. There are a lot of great alternatives in this business. Heck.. people are going back to hardware these days!!! Yet those decision making buffoons are looking the other way. Many times people cannot analyse situations properly. What they may see as an increase in profits, might not be translating their whys properly. We have had a lot of young blood entering the daw music making the last decade. So if they think their decisions was the reason their profits are higher they have to think again, it is just that the customer base grew bigger.

And for a smart consumer.. there is always the opportunity cost factor! I would need to pay 250eu more or less for the 4.1 bundle right now. Taking into account the opportunity cost of this... what else could I get for the same money? Maybe RX is not fully replaceable and this is the only thing that draws me to the bundle. But the rest of the plugins are. For 250eu during sales you can get a lot of good plugins. If it was not for RX9 and the fact that they offer a groove3 sub for a year I would not even entertain giving them any money.

I agree on the focus here and you hit on several important points Sindikhate, some quite rare to see anywhere at all:
Licensing and subscription and how these business models apply in the music home and pro related markets... which seem to be quite different to most all other markets
For a start, our high or variable income volatility, underlying stability phases (like the annual tax return dates, festivals and club season, BF, summer, end of the year awards, etc), plus factor these for location, music styles, industries (cinema, video, on the road concerts, various Live acts, Sports, streaming, podcasters, VR, instalations, Art Galleries, etc again). Then also check Sound creation, recording, repair, retrieval, forensic.
That is complex enough but I haven't even mentioned Production, VIs, Classes, program & app developing, which in fairness should also be expanded in various subtypes.

Many plugin and hard and software founders know (and often are part themselves of) one or several of the mentioned whole worlds comprising potential audiences and customers to whom these business and pricing strategies are aimed at.
And so it seems quite comprehensible these growing companies aim to professionalize this "function" and hence to hire flashy marketeers and with it, implement all the novel marketing techs they bring along, to listen to their pitches, see their powerpoints and expected returns...

However, no wonder their policies crash and burn, if not soon, then later, mostly because they have a measuring BIAS too focused on the short term. Comparing these markets with other market revenue rates demands is just wrong. Discounting the value of a composition, or the value of the tools you use to create/work with them, the same way someone discards and dumps furniture because its market value is lower compared with the decision to hire a warehouse per meter... is just wrong.
We don't ditch a Moog because having it unplayed some years brings their value to zero as compared with the space it would be rented. Some of us hold a DX7 or JD-800 on an altar! decades later, but to translate that customer desire into paying US$100 per year for its functionality is also wrong.

And I would love that my IRIS 2 would be bug free, because my recent PC finally is able to handle its over taxing engine (10 years after release)... I did pay north of US$200 back then, but iZotope decided long ago they better close the door and discount it. I would even pay for feature enhancements given some time to pass in between.

In music I plan and breath for the long run, or better said for different terms... and relatively few firms and their business models are built and able to support that. Celemony so far being one. Same as some DAW firms that allow for the same upgrade price whatever the previous version you decide to upgrade from, allowing some users to get every cycle new feature plus keeping close those others who cannot or wouldn't jump so often.
Such pricing-production strategy and its reasoning is so alien to most every trained marketing engineer. Moreover is so against their short term measuring metrics, which is the way they value their own careers and the base for their payments and working incentives, that they end up feeling worthless, in case them and the company endures.

However, as you stated above "We have had a lot of young blood entering the daw music making the last decade. So if they think their decisions was the reason their profits are higher". That has been a rather steady change of tide for markets. Some venues have had long rising curves (till nowadays in a few cases, iex 3D sound). A transition, a long one is a rare case and not transferable to the next plugin, let alone to other segments, so to build a business model based in that...

These are just a few aspects involved and there are plenty more for sure.
For those reading down to here and still interested, we had a related talk here about subscriptions, that time about Reason.

Anyone know if the codes for the 2 Waves freebies can be resold? I'm thinking of picking up the NX CLA and NX Shadow Hills, but I already own all of the plugins offered as free choices.

Photo_G wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:53 pm I'm open to any feedback or suggestions.
This covers the routing. Maybe you've already tried this, but I presume once set up, you just arm the tracks and hit record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zVKrIWR9OM
dream22 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:40 am Anyone know if the codes for the 2 Waves freebies can be resold? I'm thinking of picking up the NX CLA and NX Shadow Hills, but I already own all of the plugins offered as free choices.
Sorry, but you don't get codes. You go to the free plugins page and click the "Get Free" button under the plugin(s) and they are automatically registered to your account.

telecharge wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:58 am
Photo_G wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:53 pm I'm open to any feedback or suggestions.
This covers the routing. Maybe you've already tried this, but I presume once set up, you just arm the tracks and hit record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zVKrIWR9OM
@telecharge Thanks! This all works fine and is intuitive. But there is no arm button for the individual tracks, and arming the instrument track itself doesn't record anything. The arm buttons that you see on the tracks in this video are used to record automation only.

I'd like to figure out how to record the vst instrument output, midi and/or audio, to (any) track in Mixcraft. It seems like the only inputs that a track can accept are external devices (like ASIO inputs, etc.).

Interestingly, you -can- select an instrument track to send to, and the MIDI -is- sent, so you can place another instrument on that track and it will trigger. However, nothing is recorded to this track either, when it's armed and you click record.

It seems like vst instrument output of any kind is just sent to the bit bucket when you arm and try to record a track. I kinda like Mixcraft at this point, but I don't always record strictly from external inputs, e.g., I like to use Jamstix, capture the output and tweak it up.
Last edited by Photo_G on Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sorry...accidental dup post.

Photo_G wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:17 am It just seems like vst instrument output of any kind is sent to the bit bucket when you arm and try to record a track.
Maybe something here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZBhPoMJeU

telecharge wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:28 am
Photo_G wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:17 am It just seems like vst instrument output of any kind is sent to the bit bucket when you arm and try to record a track.
Maybe something here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZBhPoMJeU
Thanks again, but he appears to be tracking from an external input on all of his tracks.

Photo_G wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:44 am Thanks again, but he appears to be tracking from an external input on all of his tracks.
OK, this might be what you're looking for -- at least for MIDI.
https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/videos/f ... om-plugins

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”