Draw Micro-Pitch Expression with Pen Tool?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to draw Micro-Pitch Expression data with the pen tool? In the manual, they say that once the first point of M.p.e. data has been entered for a note, you can manipulate the data just like you can with automation; however, every time I try using the pen tool to draw m.p.e. data in the piano roll, I just end up creating a new midi note instead of drawing a curve like would be expected when drawing automation curves. Is this not possible yet, or am I missing something?

you have to enable micro pitch editing in the editor then you see these little bars within each note and you can move the micro pitch around. One thing I am struggling with is the ability to edit micro pitch in the editor outside of notes - like draw a line of c3 moving to a# in 8 bars like you can with pitch bend and then draw notes over the top of this.

milesmaker wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:58 am Is it possible to draw Micro-Pitch Expression data with the pen tool? In the manual, they say that once the first point of M.p.e. data has been entered for a note, you can manipulate the data just like you can with automation; however, every time I try using the pen tool to draw m.p.e. data in the piano roll, I just end up creating a new midi note instead of drawing a curve like would be expected when drawing automation curves. Is this not possible yet, or am I missing something?
Looks like a bug... I get the same result here as you.

it is possible to manipulate mp data in the editors but it has to be within an existing note - this is a design issue in my view - i have raised a feature request for several of these issues to be addressed

Return to “Bitwig”