Best free vst synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any recommendations welcome!

My favourites: Surge, Odin2 (The Wavewarden), Analogy64, PG-8X, OB-Xd, Triple Cheese. I'm sure there are others and I'll kick myself when somebody else mentions them but those, in particular are great quality free synths.

List:

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pmList:
You and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum. :hihi:

TBH, I was rather kidding with the way the OP posts his threads a little. :P

It took me a comparable amount of effort to post my "List:" post...

Not sure if I'd even be able to put more effort into posting today anyway... :drunk:

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

This is not about new free synths though. It's about free synths!

Or something.

Here is my list:

Nova_Sound wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm Any recommendations welcome!
I recommend posting in the proper forum:
KVR.png
viewforum.php?f=74
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Name all your (free) synths.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Ok!

Charlatan
Obxd
Synth1
TAL-Noisemaker

They must be the best, because, I haven't uninstalled them yet.

try them all and find out what we all have that several are indeed worthy but the majority are not still after you dig into it you will realize it would have made sense to get something like NI komplete and or arturia's V8 or some other large collection of synths just to save your brain from going insane playing presets from hundreds of crap synths that suck just to fnd a few half way decent patches if that. I have limited my time with free ones and would recommend you do not go down the path of the insane get a job so you can make the extra money it takes to purchase and use good vst synths that are decent and sound admirable and avoid that world of endless droning noise the less fortunate are cursed to forbear. Just say no to free but if you must labor on that path here are a few worthy of getting a daw that will handle 32 bit as well as 64 bit software.

Synth1
vital
pendulate
odin
obxd
sonatina orchestra
spitfire free stuff
NI start
UVi free stuff
kong audio free stuff
surge
pg8x
sq8l
firebird
mausynth
max synths
dexed
charlatan
voyager
oatmeal
TAL freebies
Uhe Freebies
full bucket lots
proteus vx
cherry audio freebies
aas player

adding on some others that may be found useful:
tubeohm offers several free synths
Prodigous and poly 2016 by synthscience
kb is very prolific but I have not tried any of his stuff yet there are issues I hear with a lack of presets so in this case he may be great at making synths but not at loading them up with factory presets
WOK is an old company that mostly did FX but they have a oberheim and some string synths they used to charge for that are now freeware if you make a small donation since he is no longer active in supporting the product line.
Sonigen Modular.
A lot of free modular synths lack presets for some reason.

In terms of vst synths that are worth getting. I would say synthmaster is great especially if you add on Nori's presets
moogs that are newer I have yet to try but the synapse and softube versions are looking great. You always want to get minmonsta and monark comes free if you buy the right hardware from native instruments but it and the softube minimoog models are mono unless you add on other pruchases to make it polyphonic such as reaktor with native instruments and modular softube will allow you to create polyphonic synth tones made from minimoog elements. It should be known that splice allows ypu to get into arturia and korg synths among many others with a rent to own program. East West composer cloud is also very interesting for $20 a month.

You can compose in one synth and use another to rennder parts later on so these rental deals will help a lot of people to access quality sounds to showcase their compositions if they can render tracks and mix them in the time alotted which is 30 days.

Im getting a package in the mail today so its a music holiday since my boss sy1000 will arrive sometime today now I just have to dig around to find the gk pickup I have and install it on my guitar and oh its got broken strings I need to replace and shit I need to just buy that other guitar I want and install that on that guitar to see how it tracks so screw changing strings today I hate doing that anyway you keyboard players never need to mess with that so be thankful.

Logic Pro stock plugins. Alchemy sounds pretty good.

Return to “Instruments”