Long Live the Soft Synth, Hardware Synths are dead

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hardware guns don't kill people.

...THESE GUNS DO!!! [shows 0.15" high biceps]

What a dumb thread this and what a dumb arrogant title to it. Amateurs vs Pros haha (in terms of opinions, not in terms of using SW vs HW).

KvR should split their forum between kids and adults.
We see the World differently and that is fine. But you don’t want to tell people who are into technic Lego that Lego is dead, long live the Duplo.

I thought I would just pop in and leave this hear 😊

Notice that the thread is 18 years old and a lot has changed since then....including people's opinion and the relevancy of hardware instruments. Back then it was like the Sega/Nintendo wars of the 90s. You couldn't own one while respecting the other. Or at least, that's what the adds at the timetold you.
in 2022, most will se consider hardware as a great compliment to software - and vice versa

I sincerely apologise for not acknowledging how old this thready actually was. Everyone must have grown up since then, at least.

Except Bones :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

audiouser720 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am Lego is dead
wtf? :cry:

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:54 pm
:hug:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:45 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:54 pm
:hug:
thanks, some people are just so insensitive, dropping news like that without warning :(
it was a shock.

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:45 pm thanks, some people are just so insensitive, dropping news like that without warning :(
it was a shock.
I kinda think that if it turned out that 'Lego is alive,' it might have been more of a shock...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

not for me :D

I like the interests of the thread opener which he wrote in his profile.
Shows a certain seriousness I adore.

My poor hardware synths have been dead for 18 years and I don’t have the heart to tell them… especially not the ones who are only a few years old and were dead before they even left the factory :cry:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

for beeing productive hardware can be a big plus.. you don t have to bother with updates, whats the latest plugin are ect.. you have your few synth and just make music like 10 years ago and in 10 years , also it could be cheaper.. you don t hav to find better alternatives as it s the real thing and if you cant do shit with it you can t blame the tools

kobal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pm for beeing productive hardware can be a big plus.. you don t have to bother with updates
well, strictly speaking, you dont have to bother with plugin updates either. but hardware certainly gets updates; i spent most of a saturday afternoon doing firmware updates on hardware and eurorack modules(*) a week or three back.

* and its certainly a damn sight easier to install most plugin updates than it is to update firmware that has to be installed via playing back an audio file. and dont get me started on the pains of trying to remove a micro-SD card from the tiniest slot on the edge of a module that's still in situ, because those memory cards... they're trying to jump inside the effing case or onto the floor.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:39 pm
kobal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pm for beeing productive hardware can be a big plus.. you don t have to bother with updates
well, strictly speaking, you dont have to bother with plugin updates either. but hardware certainly gets updates; i spent most of a saturday afternoon doing firmware updates on hardware and eurorack modules(*) a week or three back.

* and its certainly a damn sight easier to install most plugin updates than it is to update firmware that has to be installed via playing back an audio file. and dont get me started on the pains of trying to remove a micro-SD card from the tiniest slot on the edge of a module that's still in situ, because those memory cards... they're trying to jump inside the effing case or onto the floor.
get a little safety net, hang it in front of morphagene.

Return to “Instruments”