Noise & comb question

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Not sure if this question is better in instrument or sound creation forums so posted in both and if anyone is offended they can delete the one that is in the wrong place.
I enjoy putting noise/texture samples through comb filters to get those slightly ‘realistic’ instrument sounding tones. Pigments has lots of source samples in the utility engine as well as the sample engine, and its comb filter in combination with those ‘noises’ gives me great variety of tones in that style of sound design.

My question is whether there’s been a synth made that focuses on this kind of synthesis ? If so , please link it =)
Or
Is there an effect that has a variety of comb filters that would work well with what I am describing - I could put noise/texture samples into Ableton’s sampler then run it into the appropriate FX.

The noise module in Phase Plant is very flexible for similar styles of sound design , but in that synth I don’t use Kilohearts comb filter to get those sounds - I use the audio rate modulation - currently I am waiting for them to go M1 native so can’t use that right now.

Any help/ suggestions most welcome.
Zen

shit only the other day I saw a yt video of (I think) Ableton that has a "resonator" effect native built in and it has a few specific models of sounds and different quality settings for those sounds. One preset was called marimba.
I'm sure someone here will know of alternatives
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

:hug:
Last edited by Autobot on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

Thanks for all the advice - Triple Cheese is perfect - U-He beautiful. -- thanks for the tip =)
Zen

Return to “Sound Design”