vurt - fuzz plus one! (0coast vs fuzz and bbd)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Downloaded for later ... :wheee:

Bombadil wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:02 pm Scared one of our cats.
damn, tell the cat, im truly sorry, my intention was to scare you not the cat! :P

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:54 pm
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:18 pm some old quirky string, jaw harp and viola sounds
you're not wrong. :tu:
definitely a fun little combination!
wasn't even a long session (pretty much all here) so there is probably a lot more to find, before adding anything more :o :hyper:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:37 pm Downloaded for later ... :wheee:
hope you enjoy :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:20 pm
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:18 pm some old quirky string, jaw harp and viola sounds
wasn't even a long session (pretty much all here) so there is probably a lot more to find, before adding anything more :o :hyper:
How did you make them? Of course, my perception is partly biased by my own instrumental preferences, but in the Jotuns threads, you told that you and rabbyt have a chrush on old instruments too, e.g. the Hurdy Gurdy, but a somewhat alternative playing. :hihi: You could fool me to believe that these snippets are screwed samplings of old stuff. If they are not, they are close enough for my brain to translate them into such a project.

I will stay attentive to that project of course, and hope rabbyt will post too somewhere, so I blatantly can steal from both of you. :D
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I really liked that throat singing with the wah pedal in the third take. Makes me feel like a space traveller who went into an alien tribal ceremony.

What do you think about some one who silently sampling your jams?
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:27 am
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:20 pm
How did you make them? Of course, my perception is partly biased by my own instrumental preferences, but in the Jotuns threads, you told that you and rabbyt have a chrush on old instruments too, e.g. the Hurdy Gurdy, but a somewhat alternative playing. :hihi: You could fool me to believe that these snippets are screwed samplings of old stuff. If they are not, they are close enough for my brain to translate them into such a project.

I will stay attentive to that project of course, and hope rabbyt will post too somewhere, so I blatantly can steal from both of you. :D
sadly, upon returning to the studio, id unpatched the whole thing :hihi:

from memory though, and i assure you, no samples here, all the gear listed earlier!

its a triangle oscillator that waveshapes(?) in to a square to add harmonics an phatten it up.
then some wave multiplying, to give sweep type sounds.
theres an lfo doing some fm both at audio and control frequencies, not at the same time...

thats the basic sound, some tweaking here and there for the changes, and the sequencer speed also effects the sound, hitting the fuzz with higher rates as well as different frequencies or dynamics changes the sound :hyper:

the fuzz, tends to give guitar a cello/violin sound to my ears, so that is probably helping here too, and the wah, has a vocal filter, so thats where the monkeys rather than strings come from :lol:

then the delay, aside from using it as a delay, for echos, i like to use them for "karplus strong" which is worth looking at pootube for if you dont know what im talking about, but its basically smearing the almost infinite feedback of a delay, with very short delay time, makes it sound a little like a string vibrating if done right :tu:
or if done right a different way, can sound percussive!!!

hope this helps a little :)

What do you think about some one who silently sampling your jams?
what can i say, some of us are born geniuses, some of us have to steal it!

:lol:

seriously though, these are just noodles, not what i think of as actual tracks, just test ideas for some future "production" (possibly, im one of lifes great procrastinators) and will eventually be deleted and lost to the ether, if someone can find a little use for them, so long as they pay their dues, with a credit at the least!
or if they do make millions, throw me a few grand maybe :hihi:

it feels good to inspire also, its something i never really expected :)

VCA-089 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:55 pm I really liked that throat singing with the wah pedal in the third take. Makes me feel like a space traveller who went into an alien tribal ceremony.

indeed! there are some lovely moments in each of them, definitely be revisiting this idea and trying to make something more coherent from it 8)

thanks for listening :)

Return to “Music Cafe”