wich soft synth has the biggest sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone who used a moog know whta phat is? just a saw sound like stacking 5 spire in parrallel, joking but it suprise me we all hear phat so differently it seems :lol:

kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 pm anyone who used a moog know whta phat is? just a saw sound like stacking 5 spire in parrallel, joking but it suprise me we all hear phat so differently it seems :lol:
well, a single triangle is hardly what id call fat :shrug: or phat.
so im not sure what you can possibly mean by it :)

Introspective wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm Or, you know, just SOME SOUND EXAMPLES.
first link i found, there is already the density of a phat synth there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grItRCJ5wUM

diva can sound very similar

some synths you guys ymentioned in this thread sound very light with no density.. they need stacking many voice to get some phatness... it s exaclty what i call thin sounding synth

kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:18 pm
Introspective wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm Or, you know, just SOME SOUND EXAMPLES.
first link i found, there is already the density of a phat synth there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grItRCJ5wUM
NOT a single osc init sound

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:15 pm
kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 pm anyone who used a moog know whta phat is? just a saw sound like stacking 5 spire in parrallel, joking but it suprise me we all hear phat so differently it seems :lol:
i mean just with the osc sound you know if a synth is phat or thin there is no need to program any patch. it s like comparing a virus saw to a nord lead saw.. or a moog saw a prophet saw.. you hear the density and thicnkess of the synth with just that..

it feel like new generation rate phatness with the number of voice you can stacks

AnX wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm
i know but it s easy to hear the osc is not paper light like one serum or spire voice ?

offcourse you need some monitoring first..

kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm
i know but it s easy to hear the osc is not paper light like one serum or spire voice ?

offcourse you need some monitoring first..
It's not a single osc tho....

kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 pm
i mean just with the osc sound you know if a synth is phat or thin there is no need to program any patch. it s like comparing a virus saw to a nord lead saw.. or a moog saw a prophet saw.. you hear the density and thicnkess of the synth with just that..

it feel like new generation rate phatness with the number of voice you can stacks
yeah thanks granddad! :lol:

/sits here listening to some analog triangles...

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 pm
kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 pm

yeah thanks granddad! :lol:

/sits here listening to some analog triangles...
:lol: why triangle? in my post i said saw wave

because im high! :lol:

• Softube modular (optionally with Model 74 oscs, but the Doepfer oscs are really excellent, you don't need them.)
  • MOK Waverazor / Miniraze.
  • Got the sound, lack the modulation you said you wanted, but still going to mention: The Legend, Knifonium, Oberhausen, Obsession, RePro.
  • Omnisphere (yes, already mentioned, but you kinda brushed it off).
...And, of course, hardware. The Behringer Model D will get you there, the 2600 will get you there and add tons of modulation. ...and there's oodles of other options, like maybe the Dreadbox Typhon comes to mind, or a Microbrute... bah! Very long, long list. I'll stop there.
Last edited by Introspective on Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

actually, i happened to be using them at the time :hihi:

but i am also high.

db3 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:25 pm Synapse Legend is a phat boy
Legend is THICC.

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:37 pm
kobal wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:34 pm .

to me phat it mean even the innit patch sound phat,dense ,thick, just a saw or square into a fully open filter , it s not about the programing it s mostly about the oscillator and maybe the saturation that happen at the filter and amp stage in a emulation or analog synth.
No init patch sounds fat/phat.... whatever that means...
The default patch (not sure if that is also the init patch) on Tal's J-8 sounds fat, but it uses two oscillators.
I've done direct Jupiter 8 factory patch comparisons of J-8 to Arturia Jup-8 V4, and Arturia is hands down the winner for sound quality and thickness. J-8 sounds thin and phasey compared to Jup-8 V4, which sounds full and round.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

diva can sound very similar

some synths you guys ymentioned in this thread sound very light with no density.. they need stacking many voice to get some phatness... it s exaclty what i call thin sounding synth
It is mostly a matter of equalization. Softsynths can sound very similar.

If I read the settings on the mixer panel right (not sure, my vision is not what it used to be), the bass for instance is not a single wave, but various oscillators.

Return to “Instruments”