Why do you dislike u-he VSTs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dislike U-He VSTs because they're popular and I'm an edgelord like that.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 pm I dislike most of them because they cost money that I don't have...
I've said it before and I'll say it again... this is why you have TWO kidneys. :smack:
HAD two kidneys...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:53 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:49 pm
cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:29 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:15 pm
Have you read the famous thread "Message for Ben T"? We learnt finally that the guy was talking to Ben, our administrator.

Have you noticed that strange fact that Ben T never answered, but Hink did?

The conclusion is obvious : Hink is Ben.
I did read that and I'm sure you're onto something. If you rearrange "ben t hink urs" you get "burn the sink", which I'm pretty sure is come weird Maine colloquialism.
the bit i enjoyed from that...

"hey ben, it's grud, your housemate from university"

like "hey ben, it's grud" wasn't enough???

errr narrow it down i know loads of gruds...
Tell me about it. I had two housemates named Grud in college and never knew which was which, even after four years.
When I was in college, I knew over 10 Daves that I had to interact with regularly. It made for some strange conversations.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:03 am
Have you read the famous thread "Message for Ben T"? We learnt finally that the guy was talking to Ben, our administrator.

I did read that and I'm sure you're onto something. If you rearrange "ben t hink urs" you get "burn the sink", which I'm pretty sure is come weird Maine colloquialism.

Tell me about it. I had two housemates named Grud in college and never knew which was which, even after four years.
When I was in college, I knew over 10 Daves that I had to interact with regularly. It made for some strange conversations.
Oh. That too many Daves argument again. :roll:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:05 am

That's why I never get invited to parties anymore. I just can't let it go... :(

These stupid threads are getting really annoying...

What's the point in wasting time and filling our minds with rubbish ?
No auto tune...

Wait, I'm a Dave, too :scared:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

syntonica wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:07 am
DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:05 am

That's why I never get invited to parties anymore. I just can't let it go... :(
Then let's just organize a Too Many Daves party. We'll invite only people named Dave. We'll talk about Urs, bears, U-He synths and why it's better to be named Grud than Dave.

cryophonik wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:11 am Wait, I'm a Dave, too :scared:
Cool, you're invited !

I actually hate that Diva lacks kb hold for the arp
dedication to flying

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:10 am These stupid threads are getting really annoying...

What's the point in wasting time and filling our minds with rubbish ?
again... terrible, isn't it? people enjoying themselves.

if you don't want to participate... don't. plenty of other fun/whiny/argumentative/informative threads on the forum to keep you occupied.

Honestly? Have tried them all, and in the end been underwhelmed by every one of them. Not even sure exactly why. Some combination of UI, capabilities (less so), timbres and workflow, I imagine.

It’s odd, because there are other “classics” (i.e., VST instruments that are apparently also very popular online) that I get along with quite well, some of which I’ve bought and kept.

And yeah, overall U-He’s synths seem to be well coded, sufficiently maintained (I think..?) and not stupidly expensive. Also, nothing I can really pin down as a definite reason for not liking them. *shrug* Oh well. It’s not like there are no good alternatives.

It would be nice to have a stand-alone version available for their synths.

There's only one Dave, and it's his birthday today :party:

Happy birthday Dave !! :hug: :party:

But why the Hell do you hate U-He plugins that much ?

Return to “Instruments”