Why do you dislike u-he VSTs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sexist. What about u-she?

Their sales happen too late/infrequently? I know it's a minor quibble, and the market would probably be better if everyone gave up on sale madness, but I can say for a near certainty that if u-he plugins had been on sale in the years before they really started offering them, I would have significantly more - by the time they went on sale I had so many other plugins that I already had ones that duplicated the functionality of u-he plugins, maybe not as well but not enough to justify buying another one.

U-He plugins sound good but E-Hu plugins sound more phat, even without unison switched on. When you switch unison on they become morbidly obese and diabetic.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

concon wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am Sexist. What about u-she?
Transphobic. What about u-it?

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:34 am
non-itphobic. What about u-they?

I don't.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

pixel85 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:20 am
chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:34 am
non-itphobic. What about u-they?
That would be offensive to ”the others”. What about u-all?

DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:52 am Happy birthday Dave !! :hug: :party:

But why the Hell do you hate U-He plugins that much ?
Maybe they're not just Grud enough.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The only think I don't like - and that's super minor, one-off affair - is that we need to mail them to get our serial codes and then copy & paste them to each plugin.

But I feel almost embarassed to even mention that :oops:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I hate U-He plugins because they refuse to open the pod bay doors.

(Sorry. With all this talk about various "Daves," I couldn't help but think it.)

Introspective wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 pm I hate U-He plugins because they refuse to open the pod bay doors.

(Sorry. With all this talk about various "Daves," I couldn't help but think it.)
I had the same problem with Halion.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:04 pm
Introspective wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 pm I hate U-He plugins because they refuse to open the pod bay doors.
I had the same problem with Halion.
I've got 2001 plugins, but Halion ain't one.

:clap: :clap:

Okay, on a serious note

- Diva: I love the sound but dislike programming it, like it's too complicated where I want it simple and too limited where I want more options. I'd prefer it to have global unison with two simple detune and width knobs instead of all that voise stacking/trimmers thing, but it could have a full-blown mod matrix, could have additional envelopes, LFOs etc.

- Bazille: I adore the sound but I hate programming it, if I want to go beyond the simplest patches I feel like I have to forget all I know about synths and learn it from the ground up. So I mostly tweak the factroy presets and f*ck around with cables (but sometimes I occasionally arrive at really cool sounds).

- Hive 2, the Repros: Nothing to dislike, these are very good (well, that "too limited' argument might apply here too, but Repro is a strict emulation, so here the limitations make more sense. And it has great effects that can take it far beyond the "vintage synth" range). Hive2 was being one of my most used synths during the last year.

- Zebra: not a fan of the sound, nor the UI (it was entirely redone at some point which was quite an improvement but still). I do have some uses for it but far less than other U-He synths, maybe it's time hasn't come yet for me.

- Ace and others : never tried.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”