wich soft synth has the biggest sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are common denominators though. For most people, noise is noise. Regardless of whether it is the most beautiful music they ever heard for a handful of people.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:35 pm There are common denominators though. For most people, noise is noise. Regardless of whether it is the most beautiful music they ever heard for a handful of people.
https://youtu.be/NIBzrJs61pc

you wrote too much man sorry can t reply much audiouser.

it s your view i had a studio with expensive gears, tube transfomers racks , eqs, pre, api channel, moog pedals fx ect and i don t really need all that, i m not asking for how to get phat sound, but what synth sound really huge , easy :) it s not subjective at all to me it s very clear ! some synth you play one osc it sound thin and it s perficly fine,some it sound huge ..thats it, i use lot of wabetables synths and none is really phat , serum rapid ect just one phat analog saw sound thicker than 10 voice of serum stacked! i exagerate but to me it s not subjective .
again i m not asking how to get phat sound, it s not a production thread it s about synth that leave with a impression of sounding really thick

btw a juno 106 saw if my memori is correct sound really thick half of the saw cycle is curved like a sine it probably make a very strong fondamental.

for me reaktor and diva are the most in that catergory of thick, solid low / mids synths from the ones i know and i got lot of nice suggestion thanks guys !

kobal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:39 pm you wrote too much man sorry can t reply much audiouser.

it s your view i had a studio with expensive gears, tube transfomers racks , eqs, pre, api channel, moog pedals fx ect and i don t really need all that, i m not asking for how to get phat sound, but what synth sound really huge , easy :) it s not subjective at all to me it s very clear ! some synth you play one osc it sound thin and it s perficly fine,some it sound huge ..thats it, i use lot of wabetables synths and none is really phat , serum rapid ect just one phat analog saw sound thicker than 10 voice of serum stacked! i exagerate but to me it s not subjective .
again i m not asking how to get phat sound, it s not a production thread it s about synth that leave with a impression of sounding really thick

btw a juno 106 saw if my memori is correct sound really thick half of the saw cycle is curved like a sine it probably make a very strong fondamental.

for me reaktor and diva are the most in that catergory of thick, solid low / mids synths from the ones i know and i got lot of nice suggestion thanks guys !
Again, I respect your view, but I still can't help but think... are you just going to make music with one synth sound? Just because something sounds big on its own, might not sound big in context, if it isn't mixed for the purpose of being perceived as a 'fat' sound. Software or hardware.

If Juno 106 sounds thick to you, does it mean that you are looking for a synth with similar sonic properties to juno oscillator with curved saw cycle?

I absolutely agree on Reaktor Blocks. Not because it sounds 'big' but because it sounds the closest to what I experienced in the analog world and it's the easiest to emulate modular behaviour. You can definitely make 'big' sounds with Reaktor, if that is what you are after.

audiouser720 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:06 pm
kobal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:39 pm you wrote too much man sorry can t reply much audiouser.

Again, I respect your view, but I still can't help but think... are you just going to make music with one synth sound? Just because something sounds big on its own, might not sound big in context, if it isn't mixed for the purpose of being perceived as a 'fat' sound. Software or hardware.

If Juno 106 sounds thick to you, does it mean that you are looking for a synth with similar sonic properties to juno oscillator with curved saw cycle?

I absolutely agree on Reaktor Blocks. Not because it sounds 'big' but because it sounds the closest to what I experienced in the analog world and it's the easiest to emulate modular behaviour. You can definitely make 'big' sounds with Reaktor, if that is what you are after.
no i use plenty of synths and won t stop, i sold diva cause i dind t like the interface so was not using much.. but i dont have any synth that cover some thick solid low mid sound as good, i can process of course.. but i try to do it less for sticking in the composition process the most possible and wihtout producing at same time and getting the end result already good enought with very little mixing ,by choosing right synths depending the needs according to their caractere.
i need to remake some pre patched reaktor blocks templates and will be fine when i need meaty leads , solid low mids. but i will investigate some other option with the suggestion..
also i find bazille and massive X are decent as well there but they are kinda more neutral / flat in term of frequency balance. these synths for me lend naturally to great middle octave sounds but are still grood for everyhting but not the best options for me on high octave and low ones. from what i remember diva and reaktor can sound thicker , more dense in the low and low mids

Let’s just agree that NI knows their DSP. Blocks and Massive X are equally top notch.

To me Fxpansion was the bomb in plugins, but ahhhh… let’s not even bother mentioning. But one thing. If you haven’t, try Cypher (if you still can) - for ‘big’ analougish sounds

With all due respect, kobal, "it s not subjective at all to me it s very clear" is ... flat out wrong. I mean, it's in your sentence: "to me." :shrug:

But, whatever. We get your point. You wanna know which soft-synth comes closest to a "real" analog monosynth, but you want deep editing. Check.

I'd just maybe cut back on the "it's not subjective" bit, is all. :) I mean, clearly it's subjective, if we're arguing whether Blocks sounds "more analog" than Softube Modular. To my ears, the answer is as plain as the nose on your face (errr... assuming you have a nose, I guess I can't actually see you), and to others here, it's not. Mind-blowing to me, but: that's what subjective means. :D

Having said all that...

Seriously: Omnisphere.

so many words... so tiny time
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

yes probably omnisphere with all their processed mono synth samples but crazy price need lot of hdd space , i will go back more into reaktor and vcv with vult for now . synapse synth probably sound really thick as well, as softube model 72 , repro also , but i need osc and filter fm and hard sync, need sample and hold / random lp hp bp and flexible modulation, i was after the thick sound of a phat mono wihtout the limitation of most mono i know
is there any good emulation of the arp 2600? it really surpsing if there is none , i don t know if it sound really thick but it s probably decently phat and capable

i listen to the behringer , damn it sound good...not super phat maybe but it has thickness in the mids like in diva.

holy shit some audiorate stuff sounded great... i know why it was one of the favorite synth of some artist i like from the mid 90s.
really doubt there is a proper emulation of this i have seen arturia have emulated it but i wont even demo, maybe my mistake but really doubt they can nail that sound

audiouser720 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:16 pmSoftube Modular sounds quite fake - if you have the opportunity to compare it to the real components it’s supposed to emulate. I am not saying it’s bad, but it’s not an accurate model.
What exactly sounds like a fake, which module(s)? I had also a real Eurorack system and analogue synths for a few years (Pittsburgh Modular, Doepfer, Macbeth, Vermona, Elektron), Softube Modular is in my opinion on a very high level in terms of sound.

But, I'm also a big fan of Reaktor Blocks, especially of the Bento Box modules. For me they sound modern analog, like the Dave Smith/Sequential synthesizers.
audiouser720 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pmTo me Fxpansion was the bomb in plugins, but ahhhh… let’s not even bother mentioning. But one thing. If you haven’t, try Cypher (if you still can) - for ‘big’ analougish sounds
Full agree. If Cypher2 would have been sold as a digital hardware synth, many people would have gone crazy....

whatever's run thru the loudest amp and the biggest monitors...

Go download the Dune 3.5 demo and run through the presets. It puts Diva and Repro to shame in every aspect. It even puts my analog synths to shame. It’s the first softsynth I’ve found that makes me feel like I’m not compromising anything compared to hardware.

Let's just end this discussion: One Ping Only.

Yes, it was only one ping. However, it was a massive one ping at that. The best ping. Why would you need more than one?

And don’t forget this plugin, its best in any area anyway. One ping only for sure would be a close second…

Six pages for such a question, get back and make music. If its not big enough, get bigger speakers, but that might only make everything smaller as it kills your ears…

Return to “Instruments”