Win a GForce Software OB-E (Mac & soon PC) - 10 chances

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[win a gforce software ob-e (mac & soon pc) - 10 chances]

Hi guys, hope it's ok to post this here

Are you a music producer using virtual instruments?

Would you like 10 chances to win a GForce Software OB-E (Mac & Soon PC) and help someone with their master thesis by answering questions about virtual music instruments?

It’s probably 10min to complete. :arrow: https://survey.1000minds.com/11981/Virt ... entsSurvey

Thank you! :)

(And thank you to GForce Software for supporting the project with 10 x OB-E licenses)
OB-E_Full_-UIScale.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just took the survey. I have to admit, I found it difficult to understand many of the questions. Maybe it's just me, but what is a "desirable" or "not desirable" brand? And desirable or not desirable in what way? I mean, I don't know any plugin developers who I find morally objectionable! (OK, maybe one or two, but is that what is meant by "desirable"?)

And many of the questions were essentially impossible to answer in the abstract. What is good "character"? What is "emotional connection" vs. "good presents"? How do I know which I prefer in a specific synth without actually hearing it? I mean, I kind of understand where the questions were coming from for generic survey purposes, and did my best to answer truthfully, but these questions were very hard for me to answer when they are premised on subjective (and, indeed, fairly vague) descriptors like that.

Likewise, trying to assign value to what price is reasonable for an abstract good plugin, or what is too much, was almost impossible for me to answer. I can ballpark a general figure, which is what I did, but I've happily paid more in the past at times, but also often refuse to pay what I think a synth is "worth" if I don't really need it.

I do wish you luck on the survey, hope my contribution was helpful, and look forward to the results if you publish them here.

To follow-up on my point above, consider OB-E itself. I demoed it when it came out, and think it sounds absolutely terrific. But I couldn't justify a purchase, not because I think it's not worth the asking price as an abstract matter--again, it sounds great, and I have no doubt the developer has a lot of time and effort invested in it, justifying the cost--but because I already have enough other analog synths plugins that I couldn't justify the price for me, in my own specific circumstance, given what I already own. But if I had fewer other similar synths, and thus had more of a need, I may well have bought it. I'm not sure a survey can really capture that.

Too late for me as a windows user. At the time of the release I was so ready to buy it but gas is now over.

Not to me, I'm so buying it straight away.

I would buy it too if it was also on Windows (on Sale of course).

Did the survey..
not surprised by their analysis.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm Too late for me as a windows user. At the time of the release I was so ready to buy it but gas is now over.
I'm fine with Cherry Audio’s Eight Voice for $29 and bx_Oberhausen for $15 already so my GAS is gone as well. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I never win anything, lol. But I thought I'd give the survey a go anyway.

It was interesting to discover what I actually prioritised within plugins.

Survey result !.PNG

It never asked for an email address, this might be fake.

They do ask for an email address:

email.jpg

rafa1981 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:55 pm It never asked for an email address, this might be fake.
That's at the top of the first page before you even start. It's not required though, so you may have just missed it.

I did miss it indeed. I even reported the thread. My fault. I don't know how to unreport.
Last edited by rafa1981 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Its for a thesis of a business school. That tells exactly why the questions are what they are. Its all about marketing and price tags, not about musical decisions…
Especially, I think it was the 3rd question which does not cover what I would tick.
The question about emulations. I know the original hardware but only care about the sound quality in general, not how exact it is… But following the usual discussions in forums like KVR, this combination seemingly doesn’t exist…

Yeah, on many questions I answered what I could, not reality, e.g. that I often look to improve what I already have.

very well thought out survey. i enjoyed it.
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Instruments”