Soooo, Bitwig 4.2 - what's gonna be in it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kling1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 pm some effects like a softclipper, a tuner or native pitch correction would be nice. and maybe a mix knob for the compressor.
Every device in Bitwig - incl. 3rd party VSTs - has a mix knob: just put it into FX Layer or Chain and use the Mix knob :)

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I wish the Dynamics device showed how much compression was occurring.

Edit: Numerically.

antic604 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:40 pm
kling1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 pm some effects like a softclipper, a tuner or native pitch correction would be nice. and maybe a mix knob for the compressor.
Every device in Bitwig - incl. 3rd party VSTs - has a mix knob: just put it into FX Layer or Chain and use the Mix knob :)

yeah i know... but i want a mix knob on the device it self.. like on other devices like reverb or blur

I hope the Files Browser's preview function will be updated so that we can hear the selected MIDI file played for review by the instrument on the selected track. I love this function in Reaper and want it for speeding up Bitwig's workflow. Hearing directly, in the browser, if the file is a good choice or not, rather than having to first grab it and then drop it on the track before the Drummachine.

Edit:
Yes, I know clips play back with the hardwired instrument, but no one has the time go through thousands of MIDI files to resave them as clips with a drum sampler. And often we already have decided on which drum sampler device and kit to use in the song and now only need to review different MIDI files to drive it from.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

pboy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm I hope the Files Browser's preview function will be updated so that we can hear the selected MIDI file played for review by the instrument on the selected track. I love this function in Reaper and want it for speeding up Bitwig's workflow. Hearing directly, in the browser, if the file is a good choice or not, rather than having to first grab it and then drop it on the track before the Drummachine.

Edit:
Yes, I know clips play back with the hardwired instrument, but no one has the time go through thousands of MIDI files to resave them as clips with a drum sampler. And often we already have decided on which drum sampler device and kit to use in the song and now only need to review different MIDI files to drive it from.
+100  😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Immediate playback of sample preview in the browser would be nice, too. The rule of thumb is: If you can't "play" a drum sample like an instrument by rhythmically clicking it in the browser, it's too slow! ;)
Last edited by Dionysos on Fri May 27, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

---
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

<--- Troll Victim! :dog:
Last edited by The Mantra on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

This thread needs some cleaning.
-JH

Anyway...
Has anyone ever accurately predicted a Bitwig update in one of these threads?

it's Bitwig and hasn't got any cat synth ...what a shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ81WOkBcuY
sry :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

The Mantra wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:10 pm Anyway...
Has anyone ever accurately predicted a Bitwig update in one of these threads?
With the endless number of feature requests posts/threads, seems likely someone would have guessed accurately by now :hihi:

The - Fry : "Not Sure if" image would work here.

<----troll victim :dog:
Last edited by The Mantra on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mantra wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:50 am
coroknight wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:14 am Wow, I didn't realize the Bitwig community was so full of racists, sexists, and homophobes. Just know that your bigotry empowers me. #pride

I mean, I'd even be ok if they just put a trigger warning before "Bitwig GmbH" on the splash screen. The "GmbH" reminds me too much of World War 2 and it's a really negative vibe when I'm trying to unleash my creativity.

Also, they should get rid of the color blue in 4.2 since blue is traditionally a masculine color and that's toxic AF.
Bro.. just because people don't want to turn BW into a social justice platform doesn't mean anyone's a bigot.

Calling everyone a racist makes it harder to spot the real racists.

Calling good people bigots just makes them stop listening... then you loose a potential ally. When you run allys off by calling them bigots you hurt the movement.
Don't take his posts seriously... that is just trolling...

Return to “Bitwig”