Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

It seems I had to restart my project in Bitwig. Now it works :tu:
Thanks again for your help!

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:34 am It seems I had to restart my project in Bitwig. Now it works :tu:
Sorry, I had a hectic morning and only just saw your message. Glad you got it working.

Anyway, the way I got it working in Bitwig was to use a Note Receiver on the Virtual instrument track with the source set to Wotja 22 Pro.
Like below...

Last edited by ZincT on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:34 am It seems I had to restart my project in Bitwig. Now it works :tu:
you are very welcome. glad you got it going. :)

I have been testing beta 11 and the good news is that Studio One now works when routing MIDI from the Wotja plugin to a virtual instrument on another track. Maybe the fixes for Tracktion also helped with Studio One but either way stellar work Pete :tu:

I have also included results for Tracktion Waveform 11.

Here's the updated spreadsheet for beta 11.

ZincT wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:47 pm I have been testing beta 11 and the good news is that Studio One now works when routing MIDI from the Wotja plugin to a virtual instrument on another track. Maybe the fixes for Tracktion also helped with Studio One but either way stellar work Pete :tu:
Wow - that is incredibly helpful, and very generous of your time to compile the spreadsheet!

Many thanks again,

Pete

impete wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 pm
ZincT wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:47 pm I have been testing beta 11 and the good news is that Studio One now works when routing MIDI from the Wotja plugin to a virtual instrument on another track. Maybe the fixes for Tracktion also helped with Studio One but either way stellar work Pete :tu:
Wow - that is incredibly helpful, and very generous of your time to compile the spreadsheet!

Many thanks again,

Pete
Glad to help Pete and congrats on some great bug zapping! :party: :tu:

I have also included results for Tracktion Waveform 11.

Here's the updated spreadsheet for beta 11.

Hey ZinkT. Do you have Unify? I tried to use Wotja on a midi effect layer but it is not working. I inserted a midi monitor after Wojta on the effects layer and I can see midi messages but when I route the midi effects layer to an instrument, no midi messages reach the instrument. It does work if I insert Wotja just before an instrument on an instrument layer. I am now wondering if the Waveform fix will also fix Unify.

courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:52 pm
Hey ZinkT. Do you have Unify? I tried to use Wotja on a midi effect layer but it is not working. I inserted a midi monitor after Wojta on the effects layer and I can see midi messages but when I route the midi effects layer to an instrument, no midi messages reach the instrument. It does work if I insert Wotja just before an instrument on an instrument layer. I am now wondering if the Waveform fix will also fix Unify.
@courtjestr Yes, I noticed the same thing with Unify. I will try it in beta 11 and post the results although I suspect it is the same. I have had this with other MIDI utilities in Unify so I suspect it may be something to do with how Unify works. I'll see if the dev can shed any light on it.

UPDATE: Yes it is the same with beta 11. As a check, I have just tried a number of different MIDI utilities configured as a separate MIDI layer in Unify (Scaler 2, InstaComposer, Orb Chords, ChordPotion, Kirnu Cream) and they DO seem to send MIDI correctly into instrument layers. :shrug:

ZincT wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:27 pm
courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:52 pm
@courtjestr Yes, I noticed the same thing with Unify. I will try it in beta 11 and post the results although I suspect it is the same. I have had this with other MIDI utilities in Unify so I suspect it may be something to do with how Unify works. I'll see if the dev can shed any light on it.

UPDATE: Yes it is the same with beta 11. As a check, I have just tried a number of different MIDI utilities configured as a separate MIDI layer in Unify (Scaler 2, InstaComposer, Orb Chords, ChordPotion, Kirnu Cream) and they DO seem to send MIDI correctly into instrument layers. :shrug:
Yes, I found the same thing. Skippy may be able to shed some light. He seem like a cool dude and a very responsive developer.

courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm

Yes, I found the same thing. Skippy may be able to shed some light. He seem like a cool dude and a very responsive developer.
The Unify dev is actually Shane Dunne and, as it happens, I am also a beta tester for Unify. So I will drop him a line and see if he has any insight on what could be causing this. Skippy is a great guy and a sound design guru. I think he had the original idea for Unify and Shane brought it to life. The two of them continue to come up with great new ideas for it. It's also a great platform for Wotja.
Last edited by ZincT on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZincT wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:32 pm
courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm

The Unify dev is actually Shane Dunne and, as it happens, I am also a beta tester for Unify. So I will drop him a line and see if he has any insight on what could be causing this.
Oh right. I should have known that. So do you do a lot of beta testing?

courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:05 pm
Oh right. I should have known that. So do you do a lot of beta testing?
Not a lot, but I like to help small developers, time permitting. It just so happens that there's a Unify beta test going on at the moment so I will wait until Shane is less busy to ask about this issue.

As a temporary workaround, I'm demoing https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... Connector/ to see if it can be used to route the MIDI within Unify.
Last edited by ZincT on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DELETE duplicate

Does anyone know where these Wotja 22 Pro Flow documents are stored on a Mac OSX System.
Wotja 22 Pro Flow Documents.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”