Adam Fielding - Moments (indie/electronic/pop rock)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while since I posted anything here, but I've just released a little single so I figured... hey, why not! The track is called Moments, and it's on most major streaming services right naow.

https://adamfielding.bandcamp.com/album/moments
https://songwhip.com/adam-fielding/moments
https://soundcloud.com/adfielding/moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai-bMTVRq-8

Despite only just now releasing it, it was actually the first tune I wrote in 2021. I'd just spent the previous December in quite an odd (or typical, depending on your view?) COVID/lockdown/2020-y fashion, and wanted to write something with a bit of a positive feel that (both lyrically and stylistically) represented how I at least try to view situations like that nowadays.

The song itself is based on a sentiment that I've found myself coming back to time and time again over the last few years in particular, and one which really came to the fore in 2020. When things seem particularly grim I have to remind myself that, yes, this will pass, and if I ever doubt myself in that regard I like to look back on earlier memories or events and remind myself "those times will come again". It's not a lament on times past or something like that - just a reminder that even when things look bleak, it'll pass... But wallowing in memories for too long can be a dangerous place, as well.

Stylistically I'd spent a lot of 2020 listening to music that I found comforting rather than listening to anything particularly challenging (something I've since rectified!), and that definitely rubbed off on how this tune came together in a big way. I wanted something that felt like a bit of a call back to the kind of vocal tunes I used to write back when I first started recording vocals, but with a bit of an extra production and mixing "sheen" that comes as a natural consequence of having learned more about that kind of stuff since I first started out. I had a blast putting this one together, and I hope that comes through a bit in the final track.

Anyway! Enough waffling from me. I hope you enjoy it in some capacity :) Cheers!
Last edited by adfielding on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like it. I like your voice too. Well, I like your voice in the non-chorus parts of the song where its not fighting with the distorted guitar. Are you putting more saturation on your voice in the chorus?
A solution might be putting the guitar down the sides and vocal right up the middle.
Anyway, overall liked it :tu:

Hey Adam

Are you an 80s kid? OMG, this is so 80s. Reminds me of a few groups from the era. Very well done. Really enjoyed this a lot.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:39 am Like it. I like your voice too. Well, I like your voice in the non-chorus parts of the song where its not fighting with the distorted guitar. Are you putting more saturation on your voice in the chorus?
A solution might be putting the guitar down the sides and vocal right up the middle.
Anyway, overall liked it :tu:
Thanks! I tried using a bit of TrackSpacer on the instrumental bus to try and give the vocals a bit more space, but I guess I might have overdone it with wider elements during the chorus. I'll bear it in mind for future tracks, thanks for the constructive feedback :D
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:46 am Hey Adam

Are you an 80s kid? OMG, this is so 80s. Reminds me of a few groups from the era. Very well done. Really enjoyed this a lot.
Haha, thank you! I'm more of a 90s kid, but this is very much an amalgamation of eras I'm particularly fond of - so a bit of an 80s through to mid-00s mix I guess. Really glad you liked it, thanks for the kind words!

Cool song. Quite professional. Well done!
Bansaw wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:39 am I like your voice too. Well, I like your voice in the non-chorus parts of the song where its not fighting with the distorted guitar. Are you putting more saturation on your voice in the chorus?
I agree the vox fighting for space with the guitar is a bit of minor issue.

By the way, songwhip links to the wrong song on YouTube.
Last edited by Frantz on Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whenever there is a distorted guitar and a vocal (esp male), you've got yourself a mixing headache because they are fighting for a very similar freq range.

Frantz wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:42 pm Cool song. Quite professional. Well done!
Bansaw wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:39 am I like your voice too. Well, I like your voice in the non-chorus parts of the song where its not fighting with the distorted guitar. Are you putting more saturation on your voice in the chorus?
I agree the vox fighting for space with the guitar is a bit of minor issue.

By the way, songwhip links to the wrong song on YouTube.
Thank you! Agh, that's slightly annoying about Songwhip - I honestly hadn't noticed, thanks for pointing it out :)

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:46 am Hey Adam

Haha, thank you! I'm more of a 90s kid, but this is very much an amalgamation of eras I'm particularly fond of - so a bit of an 80s through to mid-00s mix I guess. Really glad you liked it, thanks for the kind words!
[/quote]

Yeah, I felt also the 90s vibe in it, has a bit of an Andreas Johnson - Glorious touch from the production, maybe some strings in it would be nice!

Sounds great! I instantly went back to the 90s with a touch of 80s in the vocal. Very nice track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Like this track a lot. Very good work!!!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

knownoname wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 amYeah, I felt also the 90s vibe in it, has a bit of an Andreas Johnson - Glorious touch from the production, maybe some strings in it would be nice!
eassae wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:26 am Sounds great! I instantly went back to the 90s with a touch of 80s in the vocal. Very nice track.
Heavenly Sounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:33 am Like this track a lot. Very good work!!!
Thanks guys, really glad you like it :D

I think you know it sounds great! Congrats! and I hear a lot of Depeche Mode here.

vata44 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:15 pm I think you know it sounds great! Congrats! and I hear a lot of Depeche Mode here.
Cheers, that's very nice of you to say - always happy with a Depeche Mode comparison :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Return to “Music Cafe”