New BLEASS FM Synth Coming 2022-01-21

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:24 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:41 pm Just the few sounds in the teaser video are all better than 999 out of the 1000 presets in F'em, which sounds so bad and cheap (except for exactly 1 kinda good preset). Im somewhat interested.
I don't agree that so many presets are that bad in F'em. I just went through this morning and favorited a bunch of them as I hadn't done that yet.

Yes, some aren't too great and I would never use them, but that's how it is with many synths. Some presets used too much feedback (IMO) but when I turned that down a bit (or just switched it off) they were more suited to my own tastes. Also if you don't like many presets you could make your own.
If I like 1 out of 1000 presets and I think the overall sound character of every preset is "cheap" sounding ( but not in a good way), I'm not going to spend time making my own I'm going to look at a different synth.
I agree with you. Not impressed by the presets. :( :( :( Its a pity because they make other good plugins. :tu:

nevermind
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:16 pm I'll pass on this one. Nothing new. I stick with Live's Operator. Well. Last resort of hope: FM9
I disagree. Waveshaper, Analog Filter, Motion Sequencer, and Effects make this a lot more powerful than Operator (which I also have and use).

I'll probably get this because I no longer use Ableton and miss Operator like crazy.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:24 pm
Autobot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:16 pm I'll pass on this one. Nothing new. I stick with Live's Operator. Well. Last resort of hope: FM9
I disagree. Waveshaper, Analog Filter, Motion Sequencer, and Effects make this a lot more powerful than Operator (which I also have and use).
Operator has a great 'analog' filter and a wave shaper - Live has the sequencers and effects

------
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

While the shaper and filter do exist in Operator, the shaper does not have all of the parameter control of Omega and the UI is not as easy to get a around on.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:34 pm Operator has a great 'analog' filter and a wave shaper - Live has the sequencers and effects
The built-in waveshaper is very basic though, I would always pair Operator with Ableton's Saturator in the Waveshaper mode, which is excellent for the FM type of sounds and much more extensive, be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

The Cytomic filter might be great, but to begin with, I really don't use filter that often for FM sounds other than for cutting some lows or highs, nothing you couldn't do with an EQ externally.

I mean Operator's great and not trying to be bash it 'cause it's a great tool. Bleass Omega sure looks nice though, its waveshaper looks intriguing, I will give it a try.
Last edited by crickey13 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 pm Some presets used too much feedback (IMO) but when I turned that down a bit (or just switched it off) they were more suited to my own tastes.
+1

...I think most patches for most FM synths sound much nicer when the feedback (and even volumes of operators) is (are) turned down.

Fm can sound beautifully organic when it's not overdone.

It's all about managing the levels through the envelopes, higher operator levels are mostly for shaping transients and the attack stage. If you don't know what you're doing with it, it's going to sound like crap.

"This doesn't do anything I can't do already."

The go-to quip for new synths since 1972!

crickey13 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 pm It's all about managing the levels through the envelopes, higher operator levels are mostly for shaping transients and the attack stage. If you don't know what you're doing with it, it's going to sound like crap.
True. I meant to add "or shortening the initial decays." High modulation is, as you say, appropriate for transients.

The complaint that most presets over-do it still stands.

Introspective wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 pm "This doesn't do anything I can't do already."

Ya not everyone has Live.

Still, Operator has been around a while. One would hope a new FM synth would add some nifty functionality beyond what Operator can do. I've not done the demo with Omega, so maybe their programming is better?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:21 pm
Introspective wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 pm "This doesn't do anything I can't do already."

Ya not everyone has Live.

Still, Operator has been around a while. One would hope a new FM synth would add some nifty functionality beyond what Operator can do. I've not done the demo with Omega, so maybe their programming is better?
Sounds quite a bit better than Operator due to effects and other added functionality (unless you want to take the time to add an effects rack).

I got the iOS version and it seems Midi is broken. But it is supposed to do MPE, though I can’t play it for the mentioned bug.
And a real disappointment is again just ADSR envelopes which are not that practical if you have a pressure capable controller…
As soon the bug is fixed, I’ll noodle a bit and then add it to my unused collection I guess… But who knows…

Return to “Instruments”