Win a GForce Software OB-E (Mac & soon PC) - 10 chances

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:31 am I don't get how the survey manages to score on playability when I don't recall any questions about it. Elsewhere, some of my answers may have been skewed by specifics, in that I would never pay $179.99 for any plugin, no matter how good, so I always chose the other option when that figure appeared. Apparently my top priorities are CPU Load, followed by Price, with Character in a distant third place.
Hi BONES, thanks for completing the survey! :) The Playability attributes come as a choice in between "Emotional connection with the instrument" and "Sound nice". As for the price, the algo would pick up on the fact you never pick $179.99 and through all the questions identify that the common thing is the price and thus give it negative value to $179.99 (and potentially a higher importance to price depending on how you answered other question about price). Happy to send a link to the research paper the tool is based on...

OK, that makes sense, although I never linked "emotional connection" with playability, I assumed it was more about nostalgia, so playbility will have ranked far more poorly than if I had interpreted it correctly.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:49 pm OK, that makes sense, although I never linked "emotional connection" with playability, I assumed it was more about nostalgia, so playbility will have ranked far more poorly than if I had interpreted it correctly.
Playability is perhaps simply not the right term. As the choice only present itself as "Emotional connection with the instrument" or "sound nice" I think people will attach more importance to those description than the term but I agree that if you had asked me to define playability, I would have been giving a different answer personally too...

Playability is another word for MPE support… What else should it be?
All synths can be played with on/off keys… Playability would normally be associated with controllers, not with plugins, unless they support MPE…

I just completed the survey and was really surprised by my results, they were not what I would have expected. It does reinforce
that what we believe and reality are not always the same.
My take on emotional connection and playability are also a little different. In my shallow little world, a truly playable synth creates the emotional connection. While MPE support can certainly enhance the experience, it is not necessary. Certainly there were playable synths before MPE?
While I might have an emotional connection (good or bad) to emulations of my first hardware synths (nostalgia), It does not
equate to the emotional connection created by a truly playable instrument.
As we are talking virtual instruments and humans, it would seem that personal perception is as important as reality? Can one really exist without the other? :)

MRT wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:42 pm As we are talking virtual instruments and humans, it would seem that personal perception is as important as reality? Can one really exist without the other? :)
My personal perception is my reality…; - )

23 hours to go, 1 chance in 21 to win at the moment :)

And done. Interesting outcome for sure!

Jerome63 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:06 pm 23 hours to go, 1 chance in 21 to win at the moment :)
Did I win? :hihi:

Great, won a copy. Thanks Jerome & Gforce!

Congrats.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you @zvenx

I never won anything iirc. Now i just need to win a Mac. :D

Anybody know when the Win version is coming?

mi-os wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:20 pm Great, won a copy. Thanks Jerome & Gforce!
"FIX!" :tu:

Return to “Instruments”