Simple synth

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, i'm trying to recreate this synth. this is the "closest" i got, but as you can hear it's still quite different. i'm not talking about the delay or the panning, but mainly the "body" of the synth. it's detuned/has unison, yes, but how do you make it that way? why is my sound that much different?
i know it's a simple sound but i'm not great at making sounds.

hope you can help, thank you

synth i want to recreate:
https://soundcloud.com/testi-er/synth-x2

the closest i got:
https://soundcloud.com/testi-er/crap-i-made

Hahaha crap I made :)
It is a bit different alright but I like when people try and ask for tips

I'm listening on my phone right now but I'll be home tomorrow.

From what I can hear it's chords, those typical minor chords for house music and then Id put a band pass on it and put it on an LFO moving up n down the spectrum and then make the rhythmic pattern with volume automation. Or simply in the piano roll
There might be a phaser on it as well but that'll be trial and error
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

hello choos, thanks for taking the time to answer.
i tried a bandpass filter as well, but i'm probably doing it wrong. in my example i used some notch filter, but i think a phaser sounds better maybe.. i'm using ana2, i suppose it should be pretty easy to do with any synth though. i think i'm missing the main "base", the sauce, of the sound. and yes it's playing chords, it's quite tricky hehe. any further help would be much appreciated, let's see how close we can get.
thanks a lot, have a nice weekend

Cheers bud.
I'll have to try it in Vital or whatever cause I don't have ana but I don't think it'll be too complicated but just st a hint of trial n error.

I mostly chill at home on Sundays and watch UFC so I can check it out somewhere in between.
Working at the minute so can't try it now but it is one of hose sounds where I'm intrigued and wanna know how to myself

thanks. i'll download vital since i see it's free, but i mean this sound could be recreated on a caveman synth... i'll try to stick to ana2 in case it's as easy as we think, otherwise i'll follow your steps and make it in vital. thanks a lot buddie, have a great weekend

OK so I figured out why I couldn't get it right after 15 minutes of messing around with phasers and special filters and adding notes for harmonics etc etc etc.
And the simple answer is is that its not one sound at all.
What you need to do to fully get what's going on is cut the sample into individual slices. Every DAW can do this I'm sure.
It's all chopped up sampled but between the "main" chords/notes/samples there are these nice filler notes which are completely different giving it that nice funky fill groove.

and as a side, the very first note pitches up like a reverse tape-stop effect
Last edited by CHOOS on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi choos, thanks for the pointers. i noticed the portamento yeah.
so you are saying two layers, the filler one is slightly different, ok. about the main synth, you used a supersaw with some chorus/phaser, is that right? short decay and release. just to check if we are on the same *wave* ahahaha

edit the song was made in the 90s so highly possible they just sampled the hardware and played around with the loop

yeah to me it sounds like a sample from a full song. I think I hear an e-piano type of sound and definitely a guitar and who knows what else.
and the those mid-filler sounds I think you could create by hitting the right chords with something like a supersaw but I saw lots of harmonics so there's more that 3 notes and the filer is set quite low.

By chopping the bits you'll be able to analyse the chords/frequencies better/easier

Return to “Sound Design”