Help Needed to get the sound of the Bass Guitar sound of New Order Blue Monday

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone, do you know where I can get samples of Peter Hook's bass.. The one he used in Blue Monday by new order?

BeatMachine sells a VST which has the bass samples in it, I think it was $9,95 or so. Personally I would just use any bass VST and EQ some lows out of it and add compression for an aggressive attack, will have the same effect

LocalTrack19 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:01 pm BeatMachine sells a VST which has the bass samples in it, I think it was $9,95 or so. Personally I would just use any bass VST and EQ some lows out of it and add compression for an aggressive attack, will have the same effect
Ok cool but theres a certain tone and depth and twang to that sound that you can't just eq it.. its a tone and timbre thing!

surreal wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:04 pm
LocalTrack19 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:01 pm BeatMachine sells a VST which has the bass samples in it, I think it was $9,95 or so. Personally I would just use any bass VST and EQ some lows out of it and add compression for an aggressive attack, will have the same effect
Ok cool but theres a certain tone and depth and twang to that sound that you can't just eq it.. its a tone and timbre thing!
It’s a real bass :wink: .
Seriously, I think the BeatMachine VST will help you further

Thank you very much for your advice, greatly appreciated!

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I recall you've asked this previously so are obviously keen.

Why not bite the bullet and get a cheap bass?

I will one day! :tu:

Return to “Sound Design”