Dangerzone Cover (Revised)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to put my own stamp on kenny loggins’ classic 80s track. Let me know what you think 8)

UPDATED with quieter vocals and more aggressive snare...

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/dangerzon ... al_sharing
Last edited by frank1985 on Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nice one, you surely managed to put your own stamp on it, though I must admit I missed the DX7 bass in the intro :) .
Was it live guitar you played?

Cool.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

LocalTrack19 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 pm Nice one, you surely managed to put your own stamp on it, though I must admit I missed the DX7 bass in the intro :) .
Was it live guitar you played?
Thanks! Live guitar, yes. Re; the DX7 ... while I recorded an electric p-bass, I also layered the original DX7 patch in the upper octave :) So up to around 800hz it's the electric, while the plucky harmonics are the DX7.

Never though I'd hear a voc'd version of Highway to the Danger Zone. Now I can die happy:)
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

The guitars and synths work very well. The drums are possibly too polite compared to the guitars. The vocoded vox are perhaps a bit loud here.

Good job overall. :tu:

Cool cover. What was your set up for the vocoding?

Frantz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:57 pm The guitars and synths work very well. The drums are possibly too polite compared to the guitars. The vocoded vox are perhaps a bit loud here.

Good job overall. :tu:
Thanks for the feedback!
Genetic_Junk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:56 pm Cool cover. What was your set up for the vocoding?
The Vocoder is a stock fl studio plugin, vocodex

dammit now i cant stop singing it :lol:

nice job! :tu:
lovely guitar work :band:

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:59 am dammit now i cant stop singing it :lol:

nice job! :tu:
lovely guitar work :band:
yeah that chorus really gets into your head lol :lol:

Pretty damned good!

Is that a guitar amp for the solo?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:45 pm Is that a guitar amp for the solo?
Laney amp head, direct out ....

Return to “Music Cafe”