If a soft synth could magically become a hardware unit, which one would you smash into floating molecules with a mallet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

to me there is no bad synth .. i don t want to smash any , i would like to smash gently some makers of synths sometimes when their is real lack of creativity or when it s not well tought out .

i wonder if some guys created their own synth to get the sound and feature they want, i guess it s possible, maybe the virus or some other well known synths are born like that, maybe buchla, no ideas

Definitely Diva!

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Introspective wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:09 pm There have been developers pushing their wares so hard here on KvR that I've wanted to smash their marketing... Does that count?!
Sure…why not?
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:00 pm
Introspective wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:09 pm There have been developers pushing their wares so hard here on KvR that I've wanted to smash their marketing... Does that count?!
Sure…why not?
Brilliant.

Synthmaster.

Plasmonic. An iOS version would do it though, that would be hardware enough…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:02 pm Plasmonic. An iOS version would do it though, that would be hardware enough…
easy to smash an ipad as well :)

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:08 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:02 pm Plasmonic. An iOS version would do it though, that would be hardware enough…
easy to smash an ipad as well :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USiaeXzYkOE

Erm, ehm, ummm , uhhhh... you don't use a mallet for that you need scissors and matches also molecules don't float they flurm smh facepalm eyeroll

I originally stated I had no opinion…. but, I’ve given it some thought.

Arturia’s Prophet V3. The sad part is I like both the hardware versions of the Prophet 5 and the Prophet VS. It’s Arturia’s decision to combine them both into one horrible mashup…. particularly their Preset library…which doesn’t separate Prophet 5 and VS presets. You know, so you can easily cruise through VS, 5, or 5/VS presets only.

However, sticking to my original premise, it does present two complete units to whack with a mallet. I’d consider the skipping the Prophet 5. But I would definitely pound Arturia’s version of the VS into dust. There are so many things wrong with it that it truly deserves the mallet.
On a number of Macs

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

that singing casio thing.

Select/delete ... no need for magic. ;)

What kind of a psycho lunatic would go around smashing any synths?

I've heard of guitarists smashing their guitars on stage, but no synth is worthy of being smashed in my opinion.

Why smash when you can create instead?

I guess I'm not too into smashing anything, at least not any electronics. I never click on those stupid youtube videos of asshats smashing and destroying various electronics like phones for example. I don't care how many millions of views they might have, the one thing I can take comfort in is knowing for sure that none of them came from me.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:48 am What kind of a psycho lunatic would go around smashing any synths?

I've heard of guitarists smashing their guitars on stage, but no synth is worthy of being smashed in my opinion.

Why smash when you can create instead?

I guess I'm not too into smashing anything, at least not any electronics. I never click on those stupid youtube videos of asshats smashing and destroying various electronics like phones for example. I don't care how many millions of views they might have, the one thing I can take comfort in is knowing for sure that none of them came from me.
Way to get serious, captain buzzkill. This is kvr, not a hallmark movie.

Return to “Instruments”