'Simulanalog' Rockman Sustainor

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yeah....no. I'll pass on this one. Rockman made a nice chorus but I can't stand their distortion/sustainer. The original hardware units were EVERYWHERE back in the day.
And I know a lot of cats that like that sound and still use them. What constitutes
good tone is, of course, highly subjective. But....to me the Rockman distortion sounds
like a hive of angry bees in a coke can.......YMMV. :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

I had the half rack Sustainor and it's companion EQ which made a huge difference in the tone quality:

RM EQ.png

I sold the set quite some years ago. Would I buy them again if I found them for a stupid low price? Meh probably not.

If you're in a Boston cover band then it's probably just what you're looking for but if you're in a Metallica cover band it's probably not what you're looking for.

This emulation looks interesting and it does come with an EQ although not the original model. It's very fairly priced but again meh I'll probably pass. :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Guitars”