Free synth with best Osc Hard Sync?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm Sylenth1 can do that and is quite inexpensive.
It belongs to the few that are definitely in the expensive range. All above 100.- is expensive, inexpensive is below 50.-. Of course if you are rich you might have a different view…

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:25 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm Sylenth1 can do that and is quite inexpensive.
It belongs to the few that are definitely in the expensive range. All above 100.- is expensive, inexpensive is below 50.-. Of course if you are rich you might have a different view…
Indeed. You are right here. But on the other hand quality is worth the price.

there is a monthly subscription though for those who prefer that. 9.95€ a month. No thank you :hihi: also i have to admit for such a limited synth (it doesnt even have PWM!) it is a bit too expensive. Sounds great though
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

surreal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm Hi Guys

Which free or cheaper synth has the best Osc Hard Sync?
What DAW(s) do you use? You might already have a bundled freebie with hard sync (e.g., Logic’s Retro Synth).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:46 pmIndeed. You are right here. But on the other hand quality is worth the price.
Yeah, but it's Sylenth 1 so you aren't even getting quality. It sounds good enough but it's missing some very basic functionality, it's a Dog-awful thing to work with and it seems pretty much like abandonware at this point in time, yet it's price remains stupidly high. It might have been worth what they're asking a decade ago but these days I don't think they should be charging more than about $50 for it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

cryophonik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:24 pm
surreal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm Hi Guys

Which free or cheaper synth has the best Osc Hard Sync?
What DAW(s) do you use? You might already have a bundled freebie with hard sync (e.g., Logic’s Retro Synth).
Hi There I use Bandlab Cakewalk.. I will also give Synth1 a relook as well , I just hope synth1 gels well with Bandlab Cake walk

surreal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm
You mentioned Cakewalk by Bandlab, if you have the older Sonar it came with Z3ta+ which IIRC has hard sync.

GR-8 by Phuturetone.

MauSynth and Kern by Full Bucket Music

Thank you very much everyone for you help and your replies, I really appreciate it!!

cyrb wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:00 pm MauSynth and Kern by Full Bucket Music
Kern does indeed have a very nice sync sound
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

what is best hard syncro , one that is not harsh? dark sounding synth are naturally softer on the top as it s like filtered out and will give rounder /softer hardsyncro sound

aliasing can probably make syncro sound harsh and distorded, it can be nice but it s more agressive (like nord lead screaming syncro leads.. it was like classic sound in goa trance )

it s the 2 opposite of syncro caractere so what is best? all are good to me depends how you use them and for what

Mostly it depends on the depth you use. If you want it to be nice and rounded and subtle, use it lightly. If you want it to tear your head off, turn up the depth of the cross-modulation.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Lokomotiv, it's a simple synth, but has an aggressive hard sync, definitely worth checking out in that regard. It's free.

^ indeed

Return to “Instruments”