Phase Plant , OK Now what ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I picked up Phase Plant because I know its potential for sound design, and I was aware that the internal effects are optional extras.

But when I was looking through the Kilohearts site, you need to buy the Toolbox everything bundle to get all the effects, which also means buying the synth again, which is ridiculous.

Or you can get the Professional one and then get the singles missing from that separately.

The effects are a p!sstake tbh, 39euros for a filter ???

I knew I was going to regret getting Phaseplant because of this exact reason, and I cannot think of any other synth that limits itself so much and forces people to pay additionally for the internal effects.

So what is the actual cheapest way to get the effects without rebuying the synth ?

tbh I am tempted to fk this off as a big mistake and either sell it or just use it more as a ROMpler.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

You don't have to buy the synth again. All presets are usable, but only tweakable when you own the plugin that is used in this preset.

They do 50% sales regularly. At the moment they run a "Dirty Little Sale".

Also here in the marketplace often you will find kHs plugins at very low prices.

And then there are these "Toolbox" upgrades, you can complete your collection step by step.

kinkajou wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:46 pm You don't have to buy the synth again. All presets are usable, but only tweakable when you own the plugin that is used in this preset.

They do 50% sales regularly. At the moment they run a "Dirty Little Sale".

Also here in the marketplace often you will find kHs plugins at very low prices.

And then there are these "Toolbox" upgrades, you can complete your collection step by step.
When I said buy it again, I was referring to the only way that I can see to get all the effects, which is the Complete Toolbox or whatever it is called. If they had just a package that offered all the effects id get that. But they dont.

There is usually a discount (pricing shown) based on what you already own if you have signed in.
rsp
sound sculptist

Or you could use the millions of vst's available via DAW instead of effecting internally.
Also internal FX tend to lack a lot of control.
Good luck,
Dirk

I dont know how else Kilohearts could be more clear on their website. Dont get mad at them if you bungled your purchase. Phaseplant 2.0 is coming soon, and you can buy only the effects you think you will need anyway. They run sales often as well.

zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm There is usually a discount (pricing shown) based on what you already own if you have signed in.
rsp
Yeah they told me this but I cant find the offers page unless its already in the shop ?

vertibration wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:43 pm I dont know how else Kilohearts could be more clear on their website. Dont get mad at them if you bungled your purchase. Phaseplant 2.0 is coming soon, and you can buy only the effects you think you will need anyway. They run sales often as well.
Would you like me to translate what I said so you can understand what I was asking ?

I know their system, I know what I bought, I want a straightforward way to buy the effects, all of them, without buying the synth and ONE again, which is the only way I can see to get all the effects.

yeah i downloaded MULTIPASS once to demo and then when i saw i need to buy all other effects i just uninstalled it... doesnt matter if they do sales or not, but it somehow lacks when i buy a tool which misses DLCs :D

and their support is pushing the subscription model...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

If you login to your account what you’re seeing is an upgrade price from what you have now (phase plant only) to the entire package. It isn’t buying the synth again, it’s a discounted price to get from synth only to synth plus effects.

I have the same, I own phase plant only. It’s basically taking account of what you already own and giving you a price to pay the difference.

I like the synth but I agree that the FX are a bit pricey individually. Many synths at a similar price have loads of FX already included so it probably isn’t the best value in the market when it isn’t on sale.

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:51 pm yeah i downloaded MULTIPASS once to demo and then when i saw i need to buy all other effects i just uninstalled it... doesnt matter if they do sales or not, but it somehow lacks when i buy a tool which misses DLCs :D

I wouldn't mind the extra cost if the extra cost wasn't extortionate. Basic things like a compressor, or filter, are not in the original synth and they are over 30 euros.

I just had word from the support , that Toolbox Professional is what I would need minus 4, I think, effects, that aren't too essential, its 249 Euros, I see a discount from 600 odd euros called bundle price, I assume that's because i own the synth.

249 euros for a selection of effects that really should be in the synth anyway, I dont want to even use them outside of teh synth anyway, I have much better options available.

This is a really sh!t business model, tbh, phase plant has so much potential it's just ruined by greed.

I am certainly not paying 249 euros for this. If they do a sale in the future, i'll look at it then, otherwise PP will either get sold or just sit unused in the folder, unless there are good presets I can use out of the box.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:12 pm
Caine123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:51 pm yeah i downloaded MULTIPASS once to demo and then when i saw i need to buy all other effects i just uninstalled it... doesnt matter if they do sales or not, but it somehow lacks when i buy a tool which misses DLCs :D

I wouldn't mind the extra cost if the extra cost wasn't extortionate. Basic things like a compressor, or filter, are not in the original synth and they are over 30 euros.

I just had word from the support , that Toolbox Professional is what I would need minus 4, I think, effects, that aren't too essential, its 249 Euros, I see a discount from 600 odd euros called bundle price, I assume that's because i own the synth.

249 euros for a selection of effects that really should be in the synth anyway, I dont want to even use them outside of teh synth anyway, I have much better options available.

This is a really sh!t business model, tbh, phase plant has so much potential it's just ruined by greed.

I am certainly not paying 249 euros for this. If they do a sale in the future, i'll look at it then, otherwise PP will either get sold or just sit unused in the folder, unless there are good presets I can use out of the box.
the only thing which might be worth is toolbox yeah, but they push their Subscriptions model lately a lot it seems so beware, i guess this will get even more pushed.... so i passed on Multipass too. people rant over Omnisphere but it has no DLCs like that (ok sonic extensions excluded ;D)

imagine you buy FALCON and cannot use the effects lol
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

That is expensive, as just about $10-20 more can buy IK's MixBox Effects (70+ effects). When it's on sale its probably about half that price.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:46 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm There is usually a discount (pricing shown) based on what you already own if you have signed in.
rsp
Yeah they told me this but I cant find the offers page unless its already in the shop ?
No offer page.. if you sign out and look at the price and sign in, and look at the price it is different.. The shop automatically shows you the price you are eligible for if you sign in.
rsp
sound sculptist

I sort of took Bones advice a few years ago.. I only buy them when they are on sale (I think the distortion ones are on sale currently?), and slowly built it up over time. Requires patience but definitely makes their price more palatable.

I have a $30 off coupon btw if you want it that I won't use this month. pm me if you want it..

Doesn't work on the sale items though. and it comes with their conditions.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”