Phase Plant , OK Now what ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

See, these are reasons I want to stick with Phase Plant, but I can't see me using the damn thing for a long time until I get the effects.

Who the hell sells a SYNTH without the ability to modulate a filter ??????? Unless you fork out the 30 euros or whatever it is...

It's unbelievable jeff.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:08 pm

tbh I think kilohearts are taking the p!ss with this tbh, for the more fancy effects I can understand it, but for basics like delay, reverb and even a filter, you have to pay for them ???? No other synth does this, and even though I knew it, I was hoping they'd be a cheap way to work around it.

Kilohearts does work a little differently to some other systems due to its modular nature which can be confusing at first.

If you take your time and look a little bit deeper Phaseplant ships with unlimited multimode filters and distortion as part of the oscillator section, you also get six effects, including delay, that can be combined in infinite ways to go in the fx section. On top of that you get 100 free complete and tweekable effect units including shimmer reverbs, phasers, chorus, bit effects etc etc that can be combined in infinite ways in the FX section. Also you do not need to own an indivudal FX to use it if it as part of a preset.

To get indivdual snap in FX cheaply there is usually a select sale and buying direct from Kilohearts usually nets you a $30 discount voucher the following month. People in the KHS discord and facebook groups often give them away. There is also an old copy of Computer Music magaizne which if you can find a copy (free on readly/newstand) includes 3 Snap In effects for free.

The main place to go to get further info free presets etc is at the KHS DIscord here https://discord.gg/dFRWmwF9

Plus every snap you get (free, sale, 2nd hand) lowers your 'full bundle' price which is also frequently on sale (and you get your reduction from the sale price).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

tactile_coast wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:08 pm

tbh I think kilohearts are taking the p!ss with this tbh, for the more fancy effects I can understand it, but for basics like delay, reverb and even a filter, you have to pay for them ???? No other synth does this, and even though I knew it, I was hoping they'd be a cheap way to work around it.

Kilohearts does work a little differently to some other systems due to its modular nature which can be confusing at first.

If you take your time and look a little bit deeper Phaseplant ships with unlimited multimode filters and distortion as part of the oscillator section, you also get six effects, including delay, that can be combined in infinite ways to go in the fx section. On top of that you get 100 free complete and tweekable effect units including shimmer reverbs, phasers, chorus, bit effects etc etc that can be combined in infinite ways in the FX section. Also you do not need to own an indivudal FX to use it if it as part of a preset.

To get indivdual snap in FX cheaply there is usually a select sale and buying direct from Kilohearts usually nets you a $30 discount voucher the following month. People in the KHS discord and facebook groups often give them away. There is also an old copy of Computer Music magaizne which if you can find a copy (free on readly/newstand) includes 3 Snap In effects for free.

The main place to go to get further info free presets etc is at the KHS DIscord here https://discord.gg/dFRWmwF9
But you do if you want to change the parameters. I have the free effects, but the basics are not there, which is annoying, and tbh OK I understand their ideas but the prices of some of them are insane.

A simple better solution would be to make "Phase Plant Only" effects, that will only work in the synth, and charge less. 2 versions so to speak.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:15 pm Plus every snap you get (free, sale, 2nd hand) lowers your 'full bundle' price which is also frequently on sale (and you get your reduction from the sale price).
Well its going to be a slow process, but I will probably get them all over time. Until then I won't be using the synth, which is kinda stupid considering I bought a synth.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:43 pm See, these are reasons I want to stick with Phase Plant, but I can't see me using the damn thing for a long time until I get the effects.

Who the hell sells a SYNTH without the ability to modulate a filter ??????? Unless you fork out the 30 euros or whatever it is...

It's unbelievable jeff.
Well it does come with elementary filters, but i do get your point.
rsp
sound sculptist

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:18 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:15 pm Plus every snap you get (free, sale, 2nd hand) lowers your 'full bundle' price which is also frequently on sale (and you get your reduction from the sale price).
Well its going to be a slow process, but I will probably get them all over time. Until then I won't be using the synth, which is kinda stupid considering I bought a synth.
Enjoy the journey! Its nice being able to pick up fun little tools such as the example the non-linear filter for $9 and know that it isn't a waste of money when you eventually get the bundle as it comes of the price! Here is a bunch from $5 (for example) viewtopic.php?p=8333901
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:17 pm

But you do if you want to change the parameters. I have the free effects, but the basics are not there, which is annoying, and tbh OK I understand their ideas but the prices of some of them are insane.

A simple better solution would be to make "Phase Plant Only" effects, that will only work in the synth, and charge less. 2 versions so to speak.
Yea I used to think that before I got invested into their eco system.

You can get at least 4 changeable parameters per effect unit.

Click on the FX section, Choose 'Snap Heap' which you should have installed alongside PhasePlant (maybe you skipped this?). then choose an FX preset out of the 100 or so and your parameter controls will show up, you can assign them to the modulators as well if you wish.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:16 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm They have so many sales that the retail price doesn't really come into it. I bought Phase Plant for $99, Multipass for $27. I've had three $30 loyalty coupons which I used to buy more Snapins. I got two Snapins from Computer Music at $5 an issue, a couple more for peanuts on Knobcloud plus a few others that I really wanted for 50% off.
Which is why I am thinking bit by bit will be the best option .

I dunno if I trust that knobcloud tbh. Was well suspicious signing up.
They pretty much send a $30 voucher every month so on average I paid like 9 for my snapins. Then I upgraded to bundles during sales. Some of the plugins are actually great, and dead simple to use so I often use them outside phaseplant as well.

This thread reminds me why I will not buy PhasePlant.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:08 pm This thread reminds me why I will not buy PhasePlant.
+1
I think MSoundFactory is great, has all Melda FXs, it is cheaper, and has lifetime free upgrades

For me, Snap Heap and Multipass is where its at for me with Kilohearts. I dont use Phase Plant often despite owning it (and the whole bundle). Multipass and its bands can be split out into aux channels if you want to use other VSTs you have with it.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:34 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:18 pm
Enjoy the journey! Its nice being able to pick up fun little tools such as the example the non-linear filter for $9 and know that it isn't a waste of money when you eventually get the bundle as it comes of the price! Here is a bunch from $5 (for example) viewtopic.php?p=8333901
Thanks for that , I missed them by a whisker but I did get one lol

So after all this and zvenx's kidn gesture I picked up the starter pack and it's got enough to allow me soke scope to make sounds with Phaseplant

I appreciate all the input here , for the record , I was never knockijg the actual synth because I played with the demo and it defintely got my attention

Most welcome.
Have fun, be productive.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”