Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:23 am One thing worth pursuing would be emulating all the rest of what makes a Mellotron a Mellotron and allowing you to "mellotronize" your own samples. But Arturia already did that. Then again, what Arturia didn't emulate is the sample-recording bit of the chain too, so if Gforce did that, this would indeed be a novelty. But then again the teaser does NOT in any way sound like a Mellotron at all.
Actually I think the GForce (GMedia?) Megatron was going to do that, but it never got released. There are some M-Tron sounds labelled Megatron which I assume were ported to M-Tron rather than them go to waste.

Ah, interesting - I didn't know that about Megatron.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:23 am There are no loops on a real Mellotron.
jens wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:30 am Without any hint of the highly idiosyncratic 7-8s limit?
I'm sticking with my guess (and hope) that a Birotron could be involved. Could be totally wrong.
And, I will admit that I can't square that guess with the screenshot of the knobs. But the sound...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URR7l-uI6JA

Add a bunch of effects, and maybe...

I would dance (and pay some money) for the Oddity2 and Imposcar2 gui updates

"Coming soon" from GForce likely means 2024 or thereabouts. I really do love me some impOSCar but, they really aren't known for speed...still love 'em though.

Looking forward to this, whatever it is ... but I wish they would put some time into bringing the GUIs on Minimonsta and Oddity2 up to date.

+1 to all the sentiments above re: the existing product line. Oddity 2 is really a phenomenal synth, but it's just too hard to experience it fully -- the UI feels dark and sluggish 100% of the time. Then there's god awful preset non-browser, ughhh. The depth is wonderful and the sound quality is fantastic, but the thing is just damned unfriendly to use. Such a pity.

Damn… I read the thread title like it was going to be announced January 22nd… Not January 2022.

elxsound wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 pm Damn… I read the thread title like it was going to be announced January 22nd… Not January 2022.
i almost complained about late delivery :oops: :dog:

luckily i realised before making an ass of myself, hope no one ever finds out :scared:

:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

elxsound wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 pm Damn… I read the thread title like it was going to be announced January 22nd… Not January 2022.
You can't wait the extra day until the 25th? (Tuesday afternoon, UK time)

(I just edited the thread title to be less confusing...)
Last edited by beely on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

beely wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 pm
You can't wait the extra day until the 23rd? (Tuesday afternoon, UK time)
25th :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 pm 25th :hihi:
Drat... calendar fail... hang on... ;)

are we sure its tuesday?

that was a joke last time, and it kind of caught on :oops:

Less than an hour to go then ... :wheee:

Return to “Instruments”