If a soft synth could magically become a hardware unit, which one would you smash into floating molecules with a mallet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kobal wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:14 pm the opposite is way more intresting, if magically a hardware unit of choice could become a plugin.
i would pick something that plugins need years to matchs sonically if something like that exist ,or something that will never be emulated cause not "mainstream " enought
That's a question and a half right there. I've only got one hardware synth and I already wish there was. plugin version for when I can't be bothered, or don't have the ability to move with it. I'm sure the list will only get larger.

masterhiggins wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 am Way to get serious, captain buzzkill. This is kvr, not a hallmark movie.
I'd probably rather watch a hallmark movie than read certain stuff on KVR like "why do you dislike -insert company name here-?" threads and I dislike hallmark movies.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to "buzzkill" anything and if anybody has any fantasies of smashing anything, then feel free to proceed with those fantasies no matter how deranged they might be.

Halion 6

vata44 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 amHalion 6
HALion 6. Interesting choice. As a user of HALion since version 1, I can understand why. Don’t get me wrong…. it’s a very powerful bit of kit…and I use it almost daily. But since version 4, it took on a UI that I can only best describe as a series of fiefdom-like rabbit holes saddled to indecipherable iconography. On the basis of that alone, I can see this as mallet-worthy.
On a number of Macs

Versa_YT wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:18 am
kobal wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:14 pm the opposite is way more intresting, if magically a hardware unit of choice could become a plugin.
That's a question and a half right there.
Errr... I believe there are enough "which emulation do you want next" threads around KvR. :)

Introspective wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 pm
Errr... I believe there are enough "which emulation do you want next" threads around KvR. :)

I’ll be honest, I was so focused on the reverse that I completely forgot soft synth emulations of hardware synths. What makes it worse is I want one of those emulations.

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:08 pm easy to smash an ipad as well :)
Depends

Versa_YT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 am I’ll be honest, I was so focused on the reverse that I completely forgot soft synth emulations of hardware synths. What makes it worse is I want one of those emulations.
Okay, I'll bite: which one? You haven't mentioned.

Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:24 pm
Versa_YT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 am I’ll be honest, I was so focused on the reverse that I completely forgot soft synth emulations of hardware synths. What makes it worse is I want one of those emulations.
Okay, I'll bite: which one? You haven't mentioned.
The Minimoog Model D app for iPadOS. It was mentioned in one of the Computer Music articles. When they mentioned “Are Friends Electric” used a Minimoog I wanted it immediately.

Introspective wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 pm
but emulation never sound like the real thing unless it s the same code and even it s not sure ,mutable sound different in hardware form so even the same code may be different than the real thing :hihi:
same for eventide stuff it seems , same for a virus Ti depending the output used.
for me a emulation will never replace the real thing totally but it s often more than good enought to make music and sometimes even better cause of the features added and for people lazy like me plugin are perfect.. i often turn on some gears just to heat the room :lol:

what about that meow synth those would sell out instantly

A well made recreation (not sampled) of the Alesis Andromeda

.... ...

Return to “Instruments”