Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:10 pm Less than an hour to go then ... :wheee:
:lol:

"dinner time" he said.

mholloway wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:21 pm ... Oddity 2 is really a phenomenal synth, but it's just too hard to experience it fully -- the UI feels dark and sluggish 100% of the time. Then there's god awful preset non-browser, ughhh. The depth is wonderful and the sound quality is fantastic, but the thing is just damned unfriendly to use. Such a pity.
Is Oddity 2's preset browser better than ImpOSCar 2's?

I only have experience with the latter and while it (ImpOSCar 2) is a really great synth with a sound that I really enjoy, the preset browser feels somewhat "unfinished". It feels like it was left in an ~85% complete state, but without the final touches, most other plugin synth browsers' offer.

i.e. I cannot find a way to quickly cycle through presets using a next/previous button or keyboard shortcut while the preset browser UI is open. There are next/previous buttons (albeit 'tiny') within the synth, but in order to access them, you have to first unintuitively exit out of the main preset browser window itself.

Also, the preset browser window feels a little bit 'laggy' when open and scrolling presets doesn't respond to any mouse scrollwheel gestures, as I would have expected it should, meaning you have to grab scrollbars with very small hitboxes to scroll through the presets.

There are certain other 'scaling' issues with impOSCar 2 wherein many controls seem extremely small (even in the so-called 'Large' layout) and could do with a bit of a skin refresh to make them a bit larger and more easily accessible.

Does anyone know whether or not GForce have completely abandoned further tweaks/updates for impOSCar 2? ... The plugin It's almost where I would like it, but there are just these little 'finicky' accessibility issues with the GUI which bug me each time I use it that tarnish the UX somewhat.

It would be really great if GForce could address those things. I'm sure it wouldn't take too much of their time or resources to fix (or rather 'tweak'), since it's almost there already ... just a little bit of shoe-polish to make it feel more 'complete'.

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:06 pm are we sure its tuesday?

that was a joke last time, and it kind of caught on :oops:
Last time it was next Tuesday. Which I think is now this Tuesday.

So where is it then? :mad:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:33 am So where is it then? :mad:
Not quite lunchtime yet😜

Sound business acumen to “Compliment not replace...” means new product. Fair enough. Just hope there’s an upgrade/crossgrade path. Looks fabulous though:))))

oh well...

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks very nice - quite honestly I'm surprised they managed to find *even more* Melly tapes they hadn't already done for M-Tron Pro!

So what exactly hasn't been done before? :)

Oh well... if you look up "anti-climax" in an online-dictionary, you're going to find a link to this... :shrug:

"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Is there really a significant market for this in 2022? And at the bargain price of 199 pounds on sale?

"Interesting"
at least they aren't making the same mac only mistake like the OB-E.
rsp
sound sculptist

199 Brexit currency of intro-price...

and not even an upgrade path from M-Tron Pro.

lol.

jens wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:33 pm 199 Brexit currency of intro-price...

and not even an upgrade path from M-Tron Pro.

lol.
Well I hope there will be an upgrade option. Like their M-tron very much, will check out if it's worth to upgrade but surely depends on price / additional feature ratio.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Return to “Instruments”