Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, if for one don't care a lot tbh, as the upgrade price would have to be substantial to the extreme for me to even consider it... (e.g. for 99 (i.e. ~120€ and that should even be without VAT) I'd still have zero interest...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:28 pm So what exactly hasn't been done before? :)
The high price? :hihi:

What an utter waste of development time. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm What an utter waste of development time. :lol:
Completely agree. Should have been spent in porting OB-E to Windows, instead :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

As an M-Tron fan with all the expansions I have some interest. This should have been an easy sell, but the intro price is high and excludes VAT, so ends up being about £240, regular price becomes £300 including VAT. With this and the Mac-only OB-E it's starting to feel like GForce are going for a more elite market. Oh well.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fmr wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:45 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm What an utter waste of development time. :lol:
Completely agree. Should have been spent in porting OB-E to Windows, instead :roll:
Or in redesigning the M-Tron Pro presets browser.

I’d pay $4999 for this.

Wait... no.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:53 pm I’d pay $4999 for this.
Wait... no.
I wouldn't pay $49.99 for this.... :hihi:

Seriously the Mellotron was a groundbreaking instrument 60 years ago but should have been left to fade into history....in my opinion of course.

But I get that some people like the Tron "retro" sound....I don't get why but I get the fact that they do. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Seriously, I think I’d consider a Mellotron emulation for $49 and wait for a $29 sale.

There are samples available EVERYWHERE !!! Even if they bring new instruments, this still is a very old pre-rompler that I’d almost never need in real day usage.

The iconic sounds of Mellotron are already available in almost any rompler around!

+100 :dog:

fmr wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:45 pm
Or make a bigger UI for their excellent arp

AnX wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:28 pm So what exactly hasn't been done before? :)
The high price? :hihi:
nah, I think they've done that before.

the pre-launch video to this is...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"it's a dual-manual mellotron" but it's, er, software. why not three with virtual foot pedals and a tape-driven mouth organ?

I've got all the streetlys in m-tron pro and feel I may have enough mellotron to last a good long while.
Last edited by gaggle of hermits on Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think it looks and sounds great, at least the makers of the Great British Sewing Bee will have some new stems to steal for the show lol

Just my opinion, but if you use a Mellotron choir, a lot of people are able to identify it.

Who will get the marimba Mellotron tribute ?

If I want to use a Mellotron in a song, I’ll ALWAYS choose an iconic sound, such as the strings, and these sounds can already be found everywhere.

I really don’t get what they tried to do here with such a price tag. :shrug:

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”