non-Reason alternatives to Parsec, Friktion and Algoritm ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:57 am Yeah I would actually try F'em before thinking it's a replacement. I think it has a "cheap" quality to it's sound. I think Aurora FM and OPS7 make much cooler FM sounds.
Thanks, I never heard of Aurora FM. And both of these are quite a bit less expensive! I tried the F'em demo. I don't necessarily trust my ears, they it sounds full and very good to me.

EnGee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:29 am If you have Ableton Live Suite, then you also have great FM synth (Operator) and several Physical Modelling ones (Collision and Tension).

In Arturia Land, there are wonderful synths that have Additive, FM and PD: Synclavier V, DX7 V, CZ V and Buchla Easel V (I love the last one as it is a quality product). There is no shortage of quality synths. The problem is who has the time to master them :hihi:
So true! It gets to be a little stifling !

Someone also told me that Aparillo was FM. I'll have to check that one out too. Too many! Plasmonic is my most favorite synth, partly cause the MPE is so well meshed into it. Maybe I should be getting rid of instruments instead of accumulating :)

What is the natural alternative to Maelstrom ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I ended up getting Algoritm/Bass Generator bundle sale (that ends today) and I love Algoritm! As far as I can tell, it has similar functionality to FM8 but the interface is a pleasure to work with. I'm really glad I got it and I think like others said, it encourages run experiments. Just great!!

killmaster wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 pm I ended up getting Algoritm/Bass Generator bundle sale (that ends today) and I love Algoritm!
Best decision!! If you like a particular synth, just buy it and don't look for a substitute....

killmaster wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:10 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:57 am Yeah I would actually try F'em before thinking it's a replacement. I think it has a "cheap" quality to it's sound. I think Aurora FM and OPS7 make much cooler FM sounds.
Thanks, I never heard of Aurora FM. And both of these are quite a bit less expensive! I tried the F'em demo. I don't necessarily trust my ears, they it sounds full and very good to me.
If you look me F'em's sound that's perfectly fine!

Return to “Instruments”