Phase Plant , OK Now what ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So to summarize, you bought a softsynth, but you didn't buy what you really wanted in the first place and now you're here attacking the company and their business model because you were too lazy to read about what you were buying?

psynical wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:16 pm So to summarize, you bought a softsynth, but you didn't buy what you really wanted in the first place and now you're here attacking the company and their business model because you were too lazy to read about what you were buying?
Yeah. Yeah, that's ... that's exactly what I said man. Almost verbatim.

I would never buy just the Phase Plant. Maybe they should call it Phase Plant LE, with the effects it would be Phase Plant (standard) and with all the effects plus individual plugins PhasePlant Advanced/Pro.

Aside from the fact that I've never heard any convincing audio made in Phaseplant, their purchase scheme is what keeps me away from even considering it.

Imagine you would have to by Dune without access to the effects, arp and unison settings then buy these separately in order to be able to modify the factory presets, kind of absurd IMO.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm
psynical wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:16 pm So to summarize, you bought a softsynth, but you didn't buy what you really wanted in the first place and now you're here attacking the company and their business model because you were too lazy to read about what you were buying?

cue a bit of Carly simon...

what part of the post made you think they were addressing you and not the OP?

I think a unique product required a unique sales model...
To deny that its an amazing synth is f**king silly.
ImageImageImageImage

recursive one wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:35 pm
Imagine you would have to by Dune without access to the effects, arp and unison settings then buy these separately in order to be able to modify the factory presets, kind of absurd IMO.
That's a feature, not a bug, it could be considered "accurate hardware acquisition modeling" :lol: . I mean not all OTB synths have effects or an arpeggiator, so you need to buy different boxes to get that functionality. j/k

this plugin is brilliant. no other developer could embed space invader game in a plugin.

dune_rave wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:24 pm this plugin is brilliant. no other developer could embed space invader game in a plugin.
SugerBytes Cyclops has a better built in space invaders type game along time before PP ;-)

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm
dune_rave wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:24 pm this plugin is brilliant. no other developer could embed space invader game in a plugin.
SugerBytes Cyclops has a better built in space invaders type game along time before PP ;-)

no, that is not space invaders just a cheap copy, not even a copy!

dune_rave wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:45 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm

no, that is not space invaders just a cheap copy, not even a copy!
Much more fun that the one in PP as the aliens don't drop missiles- kinda pointless! I was always more of a Robotron fan anyway :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

gaggle of hermits wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:58 pm
Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm
what part of the post made you think they were addressing you and not the OP?
Ha! Fair. It was the timing of it, of course. With these long threads, I tend to forget the OP even exists. :)

My sincere apologies, mea culpa, if that's the case. I hope it was the case.

(The frequency of replies without quotes makes it hard to tell, ofttimes. Also: communication is hard.)

Not in the slightest , I knew exactly what was required , I just didn't know they'd made it ridiculously expensive and convoluted to get all the additional effects, pushing things towards the subscription. But I guess you were too lazy to read that bit.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:19 pm
Not in the slightest , I knew exactly what was required , I just didn't know they'd made it ridiculously expensive and convoluted to get all the additional effects, pushing things towards the subscription. But I guess you were too lazy to read that bit.
I think it’s also ignoring that Kilohearts (Is it a dumber name than Sugar Bytes? :lol:) makes their offerings super convoluted. There’s 5 different ways to get Phase Plant and there’s no comparison matrix to show what you really get from each one. When I log in, it shows me that I own 43 effect plugins that I got for free. I have no memory of this. When I look though my email, the only email I have from them that I opened was confirming my email. Does this mean that if I buy the cheapest version of Phase Plant I can use the plugins that I somehow got? If that’s true, I’d maybe go for it, but it’s unclear because their site still shows me the ability to buy versions with extra bundles. It shows me a version for $249 that seems to include the effects I already own, so either they’re trying to scam me into rebuying something I own, or there’s some policy where if you get the effects for free they don’t work inside Phase Plant. So, it’s either kind of shady or just confusing.

When it comes right down to it, they should just make two or three versions. A “lite” version which has no presets and only includes the free plugins. Make this one free or very cheap. Remember, you’re up against Vital, which is amazing. Then have a “standard” version which has all the factory presets and all the effects. Charge $150ish for this one. Finally have a $200 or more (not sure how much more content they sell) “pro” version which is the standard one plus all their third party expansion packs.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:11 pm When I log in, it shows me that I own 43 effect plugins that I got for free. I have no memory of this. When I look though my email, the only email I have from them that I opened was confirming my email. Does this mean that if I buy the cheapest version of Phase Plant I can use the plugins that I somehow got? If that’s true, I’d maybe go for it, but it’s unclear because their site still shows me the ability to buy versions with extra bundles.
So when you login on their website, go to profile and scroll all the way down, it will tell you which licenses you own. I assume that's where you are seeing the 43 effects, right? If you click of any of the fx you own, it will show you what type of license, where you got it and when. It's possible that the licenses are expired trial licenses for example. Somehow doesn't seem very likely to me to have picked up that many of them for free... But if you do have valid licenses, then yes, you can use them in Phase Plant, MultiPass, SnapHeap or individually...

Also FYI OP and others, there are a few good ones that can be picked up through Computer Magazin, incl. Slice EQ if you didn't know. Also brings down the upgrade price.

Return to “Instruments”