Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MrJubbly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:31 am ... as how it might be if Fabfilter's next big unveilling was revealed to be "Fabfilter Pro-Gain" (a simple gain knob but with a fancy schmancy GUI) ... RRP: £149.99 (excluding VAT) :lol:
Difference is... I don't "see" FabFilter doing that. :roll:

And this comes right after they having released a (good) OB emulation that was Mac only, and still remains as Mac only :x
Fernando (FMR)

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am I'm kind of wondering why no one has created an actual mellotron sampler instrument that simulates each sample being on its own tape loop. That way you can load you own samples and have it colored by the slightly different tape sounds with varying levels of noise, etc. I mean, maybe it wouldn't sound interesting, but I'm sure there'd be a market for it.
Isn't that what the Arturia emulation does? You can add your own looped samples? And then they gave away that mellotronisation thing as a free gift.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:51 am
masterhiggins wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am I'm kind of wondering why no one has created an actual mellotron sampler instrument that simulates each sample being on its own tape loop. That way you can load you own samples and have it colored by the slightly different tape sounds with varying levels of noise, etc. I mean, maybe it wouldn't sound interesting, but I'm sure there'd be a market for it.
Isn't that what the Arturia emulation does? You can add your own looped samples? And then they gave away that mellotronisation thing as a free gift.
Yes, it is. Some people didn't realize that yet :wink:

You don't even need to add looped samples, you can create loop points inside the instrument, or use unlooped samples, emulating the behavior of the old instrument.
Fernando (FMR)

jens wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:29 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:36 pm FWIW, restoring and processing 40-odd tapes per individual sound probably isnt quite as cheap to carry out as other methods of sample content creation... Probably not cheap to source either..
So why then spending all these ressources on a product you plan to sell at a price virtually no-one seems to be interesting in purchasing it for?
Because they know their market better than you do, presumably.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Maybe - but then again they on one hand declare their Mac-only experiment successful, yet on the other hand do it differently again with their next release. So perhaps they don't after all and are just - more or less arbitrarily - trying different things. ;-)

If every company out there really absolutely knows how to run their business, how come so many end up folding? ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:19 pm
Exactly. No company has ever miscalculated or alienated its customers.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:36 pm FWIW, restoring and processing 40-odd tapes per individual sound probably isnt quite as cheap to carry out as other methods of sample content creation... Probably not cheap to source either..
So why then spending all these ressources on a product you plan to sell at a price virtually no-one seems to be interesting in purchasing it for?
Indeed. I am furious that Aston Martin keep making £100,000+ cars that I can't afford.

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:35 pm
And no non-customer has ever complained about something they were never actually interested in buying. Especially not at KVR.

duncanparsons wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:38 pm
Indeed. I am furious that Aston Martin keep making £100,000+ cars that I can't afford.

Such a pathetically cheap shot, Duncan. :dog:

You know absolutely nothing about the financial situation of every single person in here (and over at Gearspace) who said this price is absurd. And hence you have absolutely no idea who can afford what. :idiot:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm
Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:35 pm
And no non-customer has ever complained about something they were never actually interested in buying. Especially not at KVR.

Red herring alert!

Your claim was that they must know exactly what they do because it's their business. The counter-argument to that claim of yours was that there are enough examples of companies who obviously totally failed at whatever they did.

You can't possibly counter that with switching over to an entirely unrelated topic and still make any sense.

jens wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:58 pm Such a pathetically cheap shot, Duncan. :dog:
irony.
You know absolutely nothing about xxxxx And hence you have absolutely no idea yyyyyy
f**king irony.

Let me be clear on at least my point of view. I said I think the product is lovely.

And, oh, I can afford it. I just WON'T pay that price for it. It is an out of touch price for a software synth of this nature.

Don't sell me a Toyota and call it an Aston Martin.

Edit- this is not directed at anybody or used as a response. I just want to be clear that while this product is good, it is over priced.

jens wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:03 pm Red herring alert!

Your claim was that they must know exactly what they do because it's their business. The counter-argument to that claim of yours was that there are enough examples of companies who obviously totally failed at whatever they did.

You can't possibly counter that with switching over to an entirely unrelated topic and still make any sense.
Its a separate observation, dumbass.

Dumbass, me?

I am not the one directly answering a counter-argument to a claim of mine with something entirely unrelated, only to call it "a seperate observation" a moment later and believe I could get away with that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:05 pm
jens wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:58 pm Such a pathetically cheap shot, Duncan. :dog:
irony.
You know absolutely nothing about xxxxx And hence you have absolutely no idea yyyyyy
f**king irony.
Please explain the irony in that. Enlighten us! :lol:

Return to “Instruments”