Why do you dislike u-he VSTs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 pm
machinesworking wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:54 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:19 pm
mtelesha wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am I hate that people don't recognize that Hive 2 is the best U-He synth!
It is a beast, no doubt.
What I will never understand is people
that's where that sentence ends for me :)
It goes on for me.

"What I will never understand is people talking with a mouthful of satsumas."
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 pm
mtelesha wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am I hate that people don't recognize that Hive 2 is the best U-He synth!
It is a beast, no doubt.
What I will never understand is people
that's where that sentence ends for me :)
:clap:

It is a beast, no doubt.
As far as digitally digital VAs go, it's the best of breed. I like it far more than all the others due to the characterful filters. Version 2.saw to that. But Diva and the Repros (girl band!) are better sounding, if not quite as versatile.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

chagzuki wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 pm
Are you calling me a person?
Right? I myself identify as a god (small 'g') :P

I hate how much I love them.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I dislike that I don't own all of them.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:10 pm I hate U-He products because they once were the source of a fight with my uncle at a christmas dinner.

All my family was at the table, enjoying the dinner, then suddenly my uncle started saying Hive sounds more analog than Repro.

So I slapped him in the face, as I should.

But he was too drunk to realize what he was doing, so he jumped on the table, right in the oysters, and started to punch me loosely.

My grandma tried to stop the fight by saying both sound very analog, but she didn’t know what she was talking about obviously, so we both kicked grandma and the fight in the oysters lasted for a few more minutes, until my aunt served the turkey.

I’ll never forget this. U-He products ruined my christmas as I ruined my uncle.
Best product review I've read in ages
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

It is a beast, no doubt.
What I will never understand is people comparing unrelated synthesis types to each other? Diva, Bazille and Hive have nothing in common with each other other than the same developer. Comparing Hive to other wavetable synths or Supersaw Virus emulators makes sense, but all you're saying when say it's the 'best' is "I like wavetable synths that are similar to the Virus in some ways!"
I agree with that - and want to add that I demoed Hive 2 after several years of making many patches on Serum and (IMO) in Wavetable synthesis Serum offers me a lot more. Most people also love Diva, but I couldn't warm to the workflow or UI of that either.

I have had Zebra HZ for many years, and it is genius. However it is Genius of 2010, and looking a little 'long in the tooth' - I use it for a change of workflow and sound rather than for something unique, as my other (more modern) synths offer me everything Zebra has, and more, in a more intuitive UI and workflow. But I made hundreds of Zebra HZ patches a few years ago - so I have a soft spot for that synth.
Zen

MrJubbly wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:03 am
I was just checking he wasn't referring to me as people, since there's only one of me. As far as I know... and I go with the evidence.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am
I was just checking he wasn't referring to me as people, since there's only one of me. As far as I know... and I go with the evidence.
Hm. You sound beside yourself. Which means that there's at least two of you.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

chagzuki wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am
There they go again. Disregarding the multiverse with impunity
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

It is a beast, no doubt.
What I will never understand is people comparing unrelated synthesis types to each other? Diva, Bazille and Hive have nothing in common with each other other than the same developer. Comparing Hive to other wavetable synths or Supersaw Virus emulators makes sense, but all you're saying when say it's the 'best' is "I like wavetable synths that are similar to the Virus in some ways!"
As you quoted, me - I said it's a beast, not the best.

Ploki wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:45 pm
vata44 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:27 pm I want to love the Uhbik series, but the names are always confusing and without fail I load 1-2 other ones while looking for the one I want. Their oddly laid out knobs of big and small sizes are also annoying. It would better if they lined up the knobs and added sliders so they kinda lined up with midi controllers better. I love the sound of them, but my first issue really makes them collect dust while I reach for FabFilter who’s GUIs have never failed to get me from point A-B quickly, nor have they confused me with which one I would be opening.
try the alpha v2 version instead, it has a much better layout than v1
I can’t seem to find the Alpha v2 on their website. What am I not seeing?

vata44 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:39 pm
I can’t seem to find the Alpha v2 on their website. What am I not seeing?
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536689

Jokes aside, half of wedding fights in Eastern Europe happen due to u-he.
I think shame on you guys. What good of great synths, if they bring chaos.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “Instruments”