Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:55 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:37 am but you have been up and down this thread calling people shills for no good reason. so, I guess it's only allowed to speak your mind if they agree with you.

Are you adressing me with that?

If so, you are wrong, and clearly and obviously so.

I merely made two posts about that, both of which can be found on this very page of this thread (with one of them being a short addendum which is drectly beneath the other). And there is only a single reference to a single other contributor to this thread in total.

And this was only me pointing out that this contributor was afiliated with G-Force without there currently being any hint about this fact available - neither here nor on the G-Force website. There was no further accusation of any sort towards this person whatsoever.
And I absolutely made no other comment in that direction at all in the whole rest of this thread.

So claiming I "have been up and down this thread calling people shills for no good reason" is more than just an exaggeration. It is blatantly false. Will you please take it back?
you don't think sock puppet is a synonym for shill? oh, ok. whatever.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 am
Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:48 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:22 am why do you want a discount or cheaper price on something you don't want in the first place?
I own M-Tron an all expansions. I'm a Tron fan, love Prog Rock, you don't think I'm the target audience? OK. :shrug:
I'm not aware of many prog rock albums that use canned bossanova loops but maybe I don't get out enough.
So you think the rest (i.e. non-rythmic) included tapes aren't worth any interest at all? And also the reverb is without much merrit?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

the leads as I understand it are broadly similar to those on available on the Pro: though they've been through mk-ii electronics so are likely somewhat cleaner.

other reverbs are available.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:03 am

1st of all: this was in reverence (edit: "reference", of course, not reverence :-o) to someone over a Gearspace, not to someone here in this thread at all

It appears you need to learn to read a lot better before being fit to take part in a conversation such as this.

Seocndly: as I already pointed out - and you again obviously failed to notice - this was on this one page of this thread, but not at all "up and down this thread" as you claimed.

So please tell me:

Why is it so hard to you to stay even just in the vicinity of truth and facts? It is it something compulsory or is it indeed a severe congnitive deficit of yours? :razz:

It is baffling and irritating either way - even as I pointed out in plain words the falsehoods of your accusation (and anyone can easily verify the facts) you chose to stick to it. :shrug:
Last edited by jens on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 am I get the "I must complete my 'Tron collection" thing but I'm also aware that if I bought this, I'd use it twice and then forget it about it – though it's vaguely possible I'd decide one day to do some tracks that need to sound like some retro home-organ mashup and maybe then go full Karen on the lack of a crossgrade discount.
I never said I wanted a cheaper price. GForce can charge what they like. I said I didn't understand the pricing, but I guess your reading skills aren't as great as you think they are. I don't see anyone going 'full Karen', but I can see someone who likes to play contrarian.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:13 am the leads as I understand it are broadly similar to those on available on the Pro: though they've been through mk-ii electronics so are likely somewhat cleaner.
So this difference in sound between the M400 emulation and the MK2 is fully neglecbtable and so is the difference of the non-rythmic library as compared to that of the M-Tron Pro?

Interesting.
other reverbs are available.
Meaning it is a pointless feature indeed?

I think it looks fabulous and £300 is a great price considering the GUI. No brainer!
Dr Alban. Dentist

I asked Dave Spiers about the difference between Mtron Pro and the new thing.

"So I'm thinking the main user difference between this an the Mtron Pro (other than the MkII vs M400 thing) is there are many more rhythms & accompaniments in the new plugin and those rythms and accompaniment are much more tweakable?"

Dave Spiers reply

"It's exactly that. M-Tron Pro and MkII are two very different beasts. The rhythms and accompaniments with host tempo sync is a big step and essential in realising the MkII. And, as you say, the tweakability under the hood is marked."

So that's their perspective on the difference.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:14 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:03 am

1st of all: this was in reverence (edit: "reference", of course, not reverence :-o) to someone over a Gearspace, not to someone here in this thread at all

It appears you need to learn to read a lot better before being fit to take part in a conversation such as this.
speaking of reading better, try your own posts:
jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 amOh, btw., speaking about sock puppets and such, it shall be mentioned that Duncan Parsons (the dude with that failed Aston Martin analogy a few pages back) is affiliated with G-Force as well:
and take your synthetic outrage somewhere else. it's boring now.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 am I'm not aware of many prog rock albums that use canned bossanova loops but maybe I don't get out enough.
Oh, and btw.: I am a huge Prog fan too and also love all things Mellotron and the like and I nonetheless might be able to make good use of these rhythm-samples for my own music (which isn't very proggish at all - can't be, because my wife doesn't hate it :lol:)

But: just for the fun of it (this thread made me curious) I started building a song around one of those that are included with M-Tron Pro. I at first figured out the tempo, rendered a snippet, then adapted it to the tempo I wanted to use copied it a couple of times and transposed the copies (applying Elastique Pro); then I found out:

1) I had to change a note here and there using Melodyne DNA
2) the sample starts 1/8 tripplet before the main accent (at least the way I interpreted it) so I had to move it by that amount

So tempo-sync may be convenient, but the final word it potentially isn't if you want to use these samples for your own music.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:16 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 am I get the "I must complete my 'Tron collection" thing but I'm also aware that if I bought this, I'd use it twice and then forget it about it – though it's vaguely possible I'd decide one day to do some tracks that need to sound like some retro home-organ mashup and maybe then go full Karen on the lack of a crossgrade discount.
I never said I wanted a cheaper price. GForce can charge what they like. I said I didn't understand the pricing, but I guess your reading skills aren't as great as you think they are. I don't see anyone going 'full Karen', but I can see someone who likes to play contrarian.
before you trot out ye olde reading-comprehension trope, try reading back a few posts. you answered a direct question about why you wanted a cheaper price, which you answered instead of telling me that's not what you wanted. so make your mind up or leave out the "reading skills" insults.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:40 am
speaking of reading better, try your own posts:
jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 amOh, btw., speaking about sock puppets and such, it shall be mentioned that Duncan Parsons (the dude with that failed Aston Martin analogy a few pages back) is affiliated with G-Force as well:
and take your synthetic outrage somewhere else. it's boring now.
What on earth might possibly be your point? I fully admitted to this one case in my original reply to your accussation.

So there's that when it comes to the requirement of better rreading skills.
Last edited by jens on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:42 am So tempo-sync may be convenient, but the final word it potentially isn't if you want to use these samples for your own music.
there you go then. problem solved.

Ah, so I have no point in nonetheless potentially being interested in MK2?

G-Force should hire you for their sales-team. You seem to be right up their alley. Together you're gonna not-sell a lot of almost Aston Martins. :hihi: :lol:

I'm not selling things for gforce. I can't help it if you're continually tripped up by your entirely black-on-white thinking on just about everything.

Return to “Instruments”