Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
jens
KVRAF
21683 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 am

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:57 am I'm not selling things for gforce. I can't help it if you're continually tripped up by your entirely black-on-white thinking on just about everything.
When I say "they should hire you", it logically means I am assuming that you do NOT work for them. :dog:

It was of course a joke that basically meant that I think you would be an absolutely terrible
sales person.
(Because you basically constantly keep claiming - without apparently even realizing it - that new features are irrelevant and people have not much of a reason to be interested in this new product.)

Is that particularly hard for you to comprehend? :shock:

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 am

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:18 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:13 am the leads as I understand it are broadly similar to those on available on the Pro: though they've been through mk-ii electronics so are likely somewhat cleaner.
So this difference in sound between the M400 emulation and the MK2 is fully neglecbtable and so is the difference of the non-rythmic library as compared to that of the M-Tron Pro?

Interesting.
Hmmm, nope, that's not what he said. Guess you're still not too bothered about being in the vicinity of truth and facts yourself.
other reverbs are available.
Meaning it is a pointless feature indeed?
Definitely not bothered about it.
Probably not vurt.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:07 am

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:36 am I asked Dave Spiers about the difference between Mtron Pro and the new thing.

"So I'm thinking the main user difference between this an the Mtron Pro (other than the MkII vs M400 thing) is there are many more rhythms & accompaniments in the new plugin and those rythms and accompaniment are much more tweakable?"

Dave Spiers reply

"It's exactly that. M-Tron Pro and MkII are two very different beasts. The rhythms and accompaniments with host tempo sync is a big step and essential in realising the MkII. And, as you say, the tweakability under the hood is marked."

So that's their perspective on the difference.
im sure this will all be revealed to be 'fully neglecbtable' by our current champion of truths and facts.
Probably not vurt.

User avatar
ChamomileShark
KVRAF
2358 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am

I really wish the bickering here would stop. This is supposed to be fun.

User avatar
jens
KVRAF
21683 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:18 am

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 am
jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:18 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:13 am the leads as I understand it are broadly similar to those on available on the Pro: though they've been through mk-ii electronics so are likely somewhat cleaner.
So this difference in sound between the M400 emulation and the MK2 is fully neglecbtable and so is the difference of the non-rythmic library as compared to that of the M-Tron Pro?

Interesting.
Hmmm, nope, that's not what he said.
:dog:

It is of course not what he said, genius. What about trying to follow the context of the conversation before partaking?

chk071
KVRAF
31666 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:20 am

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am I really wish the bickering here would stop. This is supposed to be fun.
This is the only fun the white rabbit has in his life. Leave him be.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:21 am

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:18 am hat about trying to follow the context of the conversation before partaking?
Hughlighting your hypocrisy regarding 'truth and facts' is enough for me, thanks.
Probably not vurt.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:23 am

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:20 am
ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am I really wish the bickering here would stop. This is supposed to be fun.
This is the only fun the white rabbit has in his life. Leave him be.
Nah, there's also kicking your arse around the block every other day, though admittedly that's a fairly easy fun.
Probably not vurt.

User avatar
jens
KVRAF
21683 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:28 am

There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about what I wrote at all. It obviously just went straight and totally over your head.

It was not a statement but a question. If he - instead - of you had replied with "no, that's not what I mean" he would have admitted that one can be interested in MK2 without having much interest in the rythmical side of this new product because other new stuff may be worthwhile too.

Get it? Nope, of course you don't. :lol:

You know, back in the day when my English was a lot worse than it is now it was kinda fun to argue with you.
In a way you were an entertaining match for me and a nice opportunity to improve my conversational English. Now however it's mostly just tiring and irritating.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:33 am

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:28 am There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about what I wrote at all.
Sounds legit.
You know, back in the day when my English was a lot worse than it is now
Sounds without merrit. Probably fully neglecbtable.
Probably not vurt.

User avatar
jens
KVRAF
21683 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:38 am

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:33 am
jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:28 am There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about what I wrote at all.
Sounds legit.
That's because it is ;-)
You know, back in the day when my English was a lot worse than it is now
Sounds without merrit. Probably fully neglecbtable.

That is merely a question of your own personal perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 am

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:38 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:33 am
jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:28 am There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about what I wrote at all.
Sounds legit.
That's because it is ;-)
Sounds legit, definitely because you say it is, and definitely because you're the only one in the vicinity of truths and facts.
Probably not vurt.

gaggle of hermits
KVRian
556 posts since 18 Jul, 2021

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 am

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 am (Because you basically constantly keep claiming - without apparently even realizing it - that new features are irrelevant and people have not much of a reason to be interested in this new product.)
where did i write that?

the features aren't useful to me right now but i can see other people would have a use for them. I believe i also wrote that i could see circumstances under which they might come in handy for me.

what you have a problem is understanding other people might think differently to you.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:48 am

Curiosity: for those who would definitely buy this at some lower price. (That doesnt include jens, obvs)-

What would you pay for this?
Probably not vurt.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30905 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:53 am

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 am
jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 am (Because you basically constantly keep claiming - without apparently even realizing it - that new features are irrelevant and people have not much of a reason to be interested in this new product.)
where did i write that?
Dont be silly. If its you claiming jens said something he says he didnt say, its about truth and facts, so you're at fault. If jens claims you said something you didnt say, its about context, so you're at fault.
Probably not vurt.

Return to “Instruments”