Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:41 pm But why buy, when you can be gifted so many things :tu:
indeed :hihi:

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm
soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:33 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:24 pm It's not everyone, it's a few ppl in those threads....

How do you know there are not hundreds who never post that just slammed down their money?
True.

Did you buy it?

Since you're posting here and don't mind the price?
I didn't say anything about the price, its irrelevant to me

But no, I haven't bought it, it's not something I'm interested in (I was hoping they were releasing another synth emulation)
Great.

I guess I'll have to post some comments in the "synths I don't care about" posts noting how 999$ for TranceMasterPro makes complete sense :)

Of course you don't mind the price if you don't care about it, for vurt's sake!

Btw, vurt put it best, probably. This has to be some side project. OB-E being mac only is mind boggling, too.

k

like i said, i have no real clue, just looking at the history of the releases :shrug:

i have no inside information or anything.

soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm
soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:33 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:24 pm It's not everyone, it's a few ppl in those threads....

How do you know there are not hundreds who never post that just slammed down their money?
True.

Did you buy it?

Since you're posting here and don't mind the price?
I didn't say anything about the price, its irrelevant to me

But no, I haven't bought it, it's not something I'm interested in (I was hoping they were releasing another synth emulation)
Great.

I guess I'll have to post some comments in the "synths I don't care about" posts noting how 999$ for TranceMasterPro makes complete sense :)

Of course you don't mind the price if you don't care about it, for vurt's sake!
So you can only have an opinion if you're either interested in the product, or bought it.... cool

Maybe all the whiney bitches in this thread should delete their comments then....

My comments are not about the product, or its price, just a diff point of view to the entitled few here....but if I'm not allowed to do that, maybe you should report me for violating the forum rules...

soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 pm. OB-E being mac only is mind boggling, too.
I thought the same...even stranger hearing DS say it was based on their customer base....what about future/potential customers? Maybe they really didn't think it was worth it, who knows, I certainly don't have an insight into their business....I understand it was built using a new system/framework....

It's niche, it's expensive and aimed 'at the few' ....we may have our first example of 'boutique' software!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:02 pm
soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 pm. OB-E being mac only is mind boggling, too.
I thought the same...even stranger hearing DS say it was based on their customer base....what about future/potential customers? Maybe they really didn't think it was worth it, who knows, I certainly don't have an insight into their business....I understand it was built using a new system/framework....
well they didn't have a windows guy
now they do, and isn't it imminent?
in gmedia terms imminent obviously :hihi:
im looking forward to that, sounded awesome in the prerelease then the no windows was indeed a let down :(

SLiC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 pm It's niche, it's expensive and aimed 'at the few' ....we may have our first example of 'boutique' software!
crusher x.

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:02 pm
unless things have changed, they're porting ob-e to windows. iirc, the guy who developed it was more used to os x development and if they had more buyers on mac i guess it didn't seem worth waiting until the windows version was ready to launch it - particularly if they weren't sure it was going to be successful.

Yeah, I know all that, looking fwd to the win version to try.... won't be buying it tho :lol:

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:32 pm what if...
gmedia, see this as a side project?
as in, they primarily rent hw out.
restoring a mk2 gives them the income from the rent to cover costs over time.
putting this out is just "pocket money" and they'd prefer not to have everyone buying it as that generally means more support work.
i did wonder if they had a tie-up with the swedish guy who is now selling the digital units under the mellotron name - slinging an x86 board to run the software into a mk-ii remake with a dual keyboard would make some sense. i did a quick search but i couldn't see a link between the two companies, though.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:22 pm
i did wonder if they had a tie-up with the swedish guy

vurt da furk.

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:59 pm So you can only have an opinion if you're either interested in the product, or bought it.... cool

Maybe all the whiney bitches in this thread should delete their comments then....

My comments are not about the product, or its price, just a diff point of view to the entitled few here....but if I'm not allowed to do that, maybe you should report me for violating the forum rules...
No no, have a go. By all means.

Thanks

Return to “Instruments”