Anyone else notice Arturia is getting better?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arturia support used to be pretty terrible, but they really seem to have turned things around.

Pigments is also a big leap forward. They analog modeled instruments have always been pretty good, but Pigments has really raised their game from my perspective.

Is anyone else seeing this turnaround. What have your experiences been with Arturia recently?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I have had both good and horrible experiences with their support. The most recent one being the latter category.
But indeed I think their dsp modeling is improving and they have a fantastic grasp of GUI's.
And then all the added stuff to Pigments over the years without additional cost. Bravo!!!
rsp
sound sculptist

I think they're a decent company. To be honest, overall, I'm not too impressed by the professionality of any company in the audio hardware/software business. The industry just isn't big enough to do proper quality assurance. There's always some niggles and bugs in the software, or hardware which has issues. Well... I guess it's also an issue with the kind of industry we're talking about. Won't get into more detail than that.

These days I feel about Arturia what I felt about NI 10 years ago and feel about NI what I what I felt about Arturia back them.

They won me over after they mailed me a replacement motherboard from France to Canada for the Arturia Drumbrute, outside of warranty at their expense. Their authorization system, zero charge transfer policy and generous upgrades (if you are patient) add to it ... that and of course the long term commitment to the earlier plugins. Now if only they can be persuaded to update Spark.

i like that xmas freeby and my keystep

Don’t forget the excellent hardware. Keystep pro, Microfreak etc.

I think the Jup-4 is also excellent and a step in the right direction.

I have got old versions of V Collection and FX Collection that I got very cheap. I love the software as a gigantic playground and use them frequently.

Support was good for me, too. Nothing really to complain about.

They have a new website as well, by the way. :)

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:33 pm They have a new website as well, by the way. :)
I don't like the new website, by the way. :cry:

That's OK, by the way. :D

Has anyone got experience with integration between their keyboards and software?

Happy customer here. Have Pigments, V Collection and FX Collection.

I only have had one technical issue (maybe two years ago). Arturias support gave me a lot of good input and pointers, but I found the solution myself in the end. They did not leave me hanging however, and were very responsive until I reported that the problem was solved.

Mixed bag, mostly good?

Some really good hardware that I enjoy, though there are some head-scratchy design decisions and frustrating limitations in places. The whole RackBrute system must not have panned out all that well and I'm not sure they've really kept their promise to make it open-source. Microfreak has had some great updates since its release though.

Some pretty solid plugins. Arturia Software Center is usually more of an annoyance than a help, but I have similar feelings about a lot of those kinds of download/license manager things.

Their marketing can kind of strike me as aliens pretending to be humans at times.

Return to “Instruments”