Once bitten, twice shy & the opposite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio One - never crashed during 10 years.
Melda - great interfaces. Not sure why they started adding those cheap looking GUIs now.

fisherKing wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm you had a bad experience with studio one; others live on it. your experiences don't speak for everyone. so what is this thread actually about? sorry, just trying to understand what the point is...
He's just giving examples to illustrate what he's asking for.
He's not suggesting everyone should hate S1 and love Serum.
Think before you reply in anger... :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:16 am
fisherKing wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm you had a bad experience with studio one; others live on it. your experiences don't speak for everyone. so what is this thread actually about? sorry, just trying to understand what the point is...
not angry, and sorry you don't like my opinion... :dog:

fisherKing wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:46 pm
It wasn't an opinion though. You're accusing the OP of doing something he didn't. That's distorting the reality. Whether you simply misunderstood the aim of the thread, or are intentionally looking for stuff to disagree with, is not for me to judge.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:46 pm
Whether you simply misunderstood the aim of the thread, or are intentionally looking for stuff to disagree with, is not for me to judge.
exactly. thanks!

The single thing that I would never do again is Acustica, which was too high-maintenance, too resources-intensive, and would deauthorize out of the blue requiring interaction with its chief developer, who was not prompt with replies. And what it did for me was replacable by things which had none of these issues. I mostly have not had very unhappy experiences to speak of.

CableChannel wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:42 amWaves - good Plugins, exceptional quality, never had any bugs
f**k Waves! They knew for years that their plugins wouldn't work in Orion and they openly said they weren't going to even try to sort it out. f**k Waves!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

You could as well be angry at Synapse for not adapting Orion. Every medal has two sides to it…

A complete no go is Roland by the way. I once tried their free offer and had to uninstall, as it is obviously spyware asking for logging in even if I don’t use it. Today I got a call from a friend, his Cubase and Logic didn’t start up at all. After he uninstalled the Roland Cloud everything went back to normal… Roland cloud has to be reported as malware…

I tried and failed to buy IK plugins for a while and then gave up. Won't try again.
Waves and their update plan has made me want to live waves-free from now on.

Arturia V collection 6 is so good I bought Pigments without thinking I needed it. Pigments is so good I'll probably grab whatever they release that I "need" in the future (was close on the FX collection last sale).

The only time I was really burned was when Serum was changed to NFR without notice, I hope we get s good price for the update to version two or i am going to be salty.

U-he, valhala, NI have been good for me, no problems and decent support.

I have avoided anything iLok.

And the one I would like to get but the software is a mess is Roland Cloud, i want the plugouts for my system 8 but their manager and their whole business model puts me off. The manager in particular seems coded by amateurs and the company seems not to care to actually make it better.
dedication to flying

Not likely to buy any IK product in future, but never say never. Statistically pretty much 0 tho

since we're kinda gossiping here, I have never been a fan of Roland, it wouldn't occur to me at all to go there.

fisherKing wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm you had a bad experience with studio one; others live on it. your experiences don't speak for everyone.
He didn't try to speak for everyone... what a control freak you are...

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:18 am
fisherKing wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm you had a bad experience with studio one; others live on it. your experiences don't speak for everyone.
He didn't try to speak for everyone... what a control freak you are...
i said what i thought, which is what people do on forums (and in a 'free' world). "control freak?"i can't control anything from here, but i can have an opinion. sorry if that doesn't make you happy...

would never buy from PA again as I think they are unethical. I am super cautious about Kontakt libraries now - would not buy Spitfire and plenty of others again. Will always check Soniccouture libraries and more often than not will buy them. Again, plenty of Kontakt devs I will have a look at their new releases but I would easily sell half my Kontakt libraries if I could.
Will seriously consider anything from UVI, Zynaptiq, SonicLAB, Sound Particles, Madrona, Sonic Charge, plogue, Cockos, Accsone, IRCAM, GRM . Some of these eg cockos/Accsone only make one product I want but I will keep getting upgrades

I've only had good experiences with Kontakt libraries, mostly from Output and Heavyocity. Not so much with my recent HALion experience, though, but that's probably just a lack of familiarity.
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:08 pmYou could as well be angry at Synapse for not adapting Orion. Every medal has two sides to it…
Except Rich was willing, Waves were not. Orion was compliant with all VST2.4 requirements at the time, there's not a lot more Rich could have done.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”