"Orange Tree Samples are essential in my post-production toolkit. On a recent remix, I needed to change an electric guitar to an acoustic one; there was no time to track anything. Melodyne polyphonic and Orange Tree Samples were a perfect solution." - Bill Evans, exec producer/engineer, Flying Colors (Steve Morse, Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Dave LaRue, Casey McPherson)
We're proud to announce the release of the new version of Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings. This latest version upgrades the library to the new Evolution guitar engine premiered by our recently-released Evolution Electric Guitar - Stratosphere sample library for KONTAKT. The new version is completely FREE for existing owners of the library. If that’s you, be sure to check your email to download the new version.
The update features tons of new features and improvements:
For example, Steel Strings has an intuitive, powerful strumming pattern editor. We felt it was important to make something that represents strumming better than the traditionally-used step sequencer approach, so we came up with a more powerful system that’s fast and easy to use. It gives you control over which strings get strummed, the direction of the strum, and the speed of the strum. Plus, you can use many articulations within a single strum pattern, and even incorporate special effects like string slaps as part of the pattern.
Next, all the factory presets are available directly inside Steel Strings’ interface, meaning that you can see the preset name at all times as well as use convenient arrow buttons to scroll through the included collection of factory guitar tones and strumming patterns.
Finally, Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings comes with a robust guitar effects engine, including a vast collection of over $8,000 of modeled guitar pedals. In fact, in the time between releasing Evolution Electric Guitar - Stratosphere, we’ve added several new reverb pedals. All together, you have a comprehensive guitar effects suite at your fingertips without external guitar effect processors necessary to get amazing-sounding tones.
But don’t just take our word for it, let your ears decide.
Demo #1: Gazebo Placebo
Demo #2: Pulse
Demo #3: Hypnoustic Groove
Demo #4: Bar None
- Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Various vibrato styles, from classic vibrato to rock and metal vibrato with adjustable depth/speed. Vibrato can be assigned to MIDI CCs or aftertouch.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
- Both fingered and picked articulations totaling 6.5 GB of uncompressed samples, recorded in 24-bit, 48khz.
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, harmonics, mutes, tapping, plus special effects such as string slaps, scratches, guitar body hits, and much more.
- MIDI articulations for instant upward/downward grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced), octaves, and powerchords.
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
The update is completely free for owners of Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings. However, if you don’t own the library, it’s available at a 25% OFF re-introductory discount. This time-limited discount lasts until April 13th, 2015, so don’t miss out!
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in KONTAKT 4 / 5 format only. The sample library requires the full retail version of KONTAKT 4 / 5, so it is not compatible with the free KONTAKT Player.
User's Guide (PDF)
Visit the product page here: Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings sample library for KONTAKT
Or you can click here to order Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings directly