Mawf - Synthesis Re-imagined - Get free access and DL of our beta!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello everyone! Introducing Mawf (beta).
Mawf is a ML-powered audio synthesis engine and timbre transfer effect that works inside your DAW 😍
With this new type of synthesis there's no need for huge and processor hungry sample libraries anymore.
Try the models we have developed for our intial beta version in Midi mode. You can also try Audio mode where Mawf acts as a timbre transfer effect. Turn any input audio - you singing, playing an instrument, your cat meowing, anything else you can think of - into the sound of one of the included models.
This is just the start of the journey for Mawf, we're going to have a full release soon. Why don't you get ahead of the curve and join us on our journey today and be a part of this exciting new product's development.
Public beta has limited seats so go get it now! 🤟 https://mawf.io/ (https://mawf.io/)

Not available for USA, might want to include what countries you are looking for testers.

Also a bit surprising that Tiktok's parent is getting in on synths,

i'm getting old:
i don't understand this

it seems to be supposed to be an instrument
but in logic it does not show up in the instrument slot

but it shows in the AU-MIDI-controlled-Effects slot...

i can load any of 2 instruments, play them monophonically and...well that's it?
i can sidechain another track - supposely to follow the pitch?
but it doesn't do anything...

maybe would be nice to explain it a little bit...

For me Mawf works fine in Logic.
Proof: https://soundcloud.com/hienergy/mawf-quick-test-1

One instance of Mawf with one instance of TruePianos in Logic Pro X

The most important expressions of expressive controllers are not supported. It needs pitch bend, aftertouch and CC74 for those MPE controllers. (Keyboards are so 20th century - no idea why anybody still uses them...; - )
I can map with modulation aftertouch and cc74, but the most important pitch control via pitch bend is missing. Below Transpose there is space for a pitch bend range control it has to go up to 48 semitones (MPE standard...)
And I want a APDSR instead of ADSR. Being able to control just the peak of the attack phase of the envelope with velocity, and the sustain with aftertouch is crucial for expressive playing. Start a note soft and then let it swell to fortissimo...

Actually, its more fun to play a MPE controlled simple synth into it. Then it does pitch bend and sounds funny if you send chords... For this mode it could be radically simplified - no controls at all...;-)
I have to play trumpet with my violin now... :tu:

Cool concept, reminds me of that google project. Will we be able to train and create our own instrument models in the future?

Shame it's only for Apple ATM.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Very, very interesting concept, and it needs to be worked on for sure as it can open new ways of working, but so far I've heard nothing I'd like to hear in real life music, sorry. Every demo sounds like a Nintendo 64 soundtrack to me. :shrug:

Actually, this reminds me of early Pianoteq versions demos : sounded nothing like a real piano, but concept was already here.

But I'm with you anyway, I was very interested at first, I'm sure some day this synthesis will be a big thing. :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I'm seeing a lot of "advertising" in this area of the site lately. Isn't that against the rules? Did someone not get the memo (maybe me)?

SeeingInMidi wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:14 pm Cool concept, reminds me of that google project. Will we be able to train and create our own instrument models in the future?
Just to add on top of this, If we can train and create our own models. I wonder if we can train and create a model out of someones voice and essentially use it as a voice changer.

It is fun to play this expressively, but that only works in audio only mode. For playing it with Midi MPE would be mandatory...
My little impro might get you an idea why. All the expressivity including pitch bends, pressure and timbre is in the synth I feed into Mawf...
https://youtu.be/ZvqZecXynS8

Very nice concept, from days I'm trying to download it but I always receive a "404 : Not found" on the final link.

Is the beta access limited in some way or is there a way to download it ?
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

xhunaudio wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:26 am Very nice concept, from days I'm trying to download it but I always receive a "404 : Not found" on the final link.

Is the beta access limited in some way or is there a way to download it ?
same here!
🇷🇺

Hmm, I ended up on the Jobs page just to see what's going on, clicked on a link and all the jobs look like they're for tiktok?

https://mawf.io/jobs

I've never seen companies advertise on it (not that I actually have it, but I didn't think that was the kind of material you'd find on there) - so either they've been bought by tiktok or haven't and are advertising jobs on tiktok, which seems weird.

Return to “Instruments”