One Synth Challenge #157: FB-7999 by Full Bucket Music (Taron Wins)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-7999

Did you watch the video or are you just reacting to the title?

Reacting to the concept and motivation.

No no @IV! I'm not at all quarrelling and in me there is no anger whatsoever. :D Happy birthday! :party:

But me posting the video made Taron write:
Yeah, damn math, too, and thinking in general, because that is for evil-doers, pah. And let's express our luddite conviction by using synths...

...you mean, software,utterly conceived in math and science on devices of technology that didn't come straight out of the jungle?
Pythagoras was one of the greatest mathematicians of all time.
Yet Pythagoras also taught metempsychosis - something almost all in the modern scientific community would deny even exists in the first place.
Taron wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:08 pm To then rebel against its origin in order to argue against learning about it, whilst still using it, is...well... bullshit.
By this very line of reasoning modern scientists should not actually use the mathematical & scientific discoveries made by Pythagoras anymore. Why? Because while they clearly dismiss metempsychosis, they at the same time embrace his mathematical & scientific discoveries. That is also…well…bullshit..also quite hypocritical if you ask me, right? ;)

That being said if anyone in the thread showed interested in learning music theory they should of course learn and study music theory. :)

Theories in themselves are observations and experiments that are compiled into a coherent whole. Good stuff! :tu:

My problems are never with the theories, but the compilers! :hihi:
Fusion

Ah, pfff... not quarelling, haha! :hihi:
You're enjoying this way too much, Yad! ;)
I'm not so eager to just cause trouble. My only motive is to share what I have found to be very helpful to my evolution has musician. I want to help everyone as best I can. Your motive is to throw a wrench into it, enjoying the tease. Fine, too... but I'm done with it for now. If anyone still would like any advice or support from me, never hesitate to ask. I want to be there for you.

Taron wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:54 am Ah, pfff... not quarelling, haha! :hihi:
I'm not so eager to just cause trouble. My only motive is to share what I have found to be very helpful to my evolution has musician. I want to help everyone as best I can. Your motive is to throw a wrench into it, enjoying the tease. Fine, too... but I'm done with it for now. If anyone still would like any advice or support from me, never hesitate to ask. I want to be there for you.
Dear Taron,
I apologize for this!
My intentions were not to throw a wrench into you helping others to evolve. I am of course neither against music theory, in any shape or form, nor people getting help from someone as experienced like you. :tu:

Therefore everyone should watch this video by Tantacrul he is probably one of the funniest on youtube there is!
I have really laughed hysterically with tears in the eyes to many of his videos.
Here is one video why music theory is a really good thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50m2Q7wPUFg
Fusion

Great stuff Yad 😆😆😆
Captain Silverpants

silverpants wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:20 pm Great stuff Yad 😆😆😆
I didn't follow all the lenghty walls of text but I read some words "western theorie" and "maths" ...

I think there's quite some stuff coming from india, like very early forms of pascals triangle and more of maths that is now claimed to be a "westerners invention".... I really hate myself to be an ignorant westerner... because I wasn't aware of this since only a few years.

And for you silverpants - you said something about maths ... check the video out.
Why do I post it? Does it have anything to do with the discussion? Not really. It only mentions "Newton" and "infinity" and is thus is a reccurence of me talking about heisenberg, einstein and feymann .. and pints of beer ... but back to the famous physicians ... they actually said "Thanks Newton, but your mechanistical view of the world is to restricted and the rulez you gave us ... are to narrow for progress... we head for infinity"
https://youtu.be/LqbZpur38nw
I'm thinking about - what would be an Music-Einstein throwing the Music-Newton from his plinth...

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 pm
Taron wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:54 am Ah, pfff... not quarelling, haha! :hihi:
Dear Taron,
I apologize for this!
My intentions were not to throw a wrench into you helping others to evolve. I am of course neither against music theory, in any shape or form, nor people getting help from someone as experienced like you. :tu:

Therefore everyone should watch this video by Tantacrul he is probably one of the funniest on youtube there is!
I have really laughed hysterically with tears in the eyes to many of his videos.
Here is one video why music theory is a really good thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50m2Q7wPUFg
:hug:

HAHAHAhA! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...first of all, I had no idea it exists or rather... I've seen that listed here in the prices, I think (Chord Packs)...that's just insane (In my world :roll: ). And while I was giggling for much of it, some of it overshadowed by mild horror, I had to laugh out loud the moment the vowel-packs started! :lol: :lol: :lol: "I'll add pro-level word progressions..." :lol: (There's no emoji that here that helps illustrate the pain in my stomach from internally laughing out too loudly without trying to sound insane to the neighbors and/or my cats).

THANKS, YAD! :tu: :lol: :hug:

] Peter:H [ wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:38 pm
silverpants wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:20 pm Great stuff Yad 😆😆😆
And for you silverpants - you said something about maths ... check the video out.
Oooo! Thanks Peter! I LOVE the Mandelbrot set, chaos and fractals. I'll give it a go...

My song "Implosion" on Soundcloud is generated from a chaotic function. It goes from an orderly ping pong pattern at the start and gets increasingly chaotic as I turn up a parameter.
Last edited by silverpants on Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Silverpants

:borg:
Captain Silverpants

Just realised I cast my votes days after the voting ended! But enjoyed listening to all your music this month again. Sound of Merlin was my favourite this time round.

Back in the day, I was poor. Actually, I still am, so I guess nothing's changed. Anyway, the DX7 had just been released and was getting a lot of attention. At the music store, I think it was Guitar Center, the price was out of my league. The DW8000, though, had a better price so I bought one. Truth be told, the sounds didn't knock me out but I kept it around and tried tweaking it to my liking. After about three years I finally sold it. The FB-7999 definitely brings back memories. Of course, now, I have all sorts of effects I can slap on the patches to make them more useful. There is hope after all.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Out of curiosity why is this thread stickied but not the current OSC thread?

Return to “Instruments”