One Synth Challenge #158: Surrealistic MG-1 Plus by Cherry Audio (MilksterX Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer

So I was gonna say I voted......but.....right at the end of reviewing all the tracks and doing the old draggy draggy thing, I noticed the tracks were all FOR OSC157!!!!

Was wondering why none of the names in the voting page did not match the names on the SC playlist....

So whats up with that? Anyone else get that behavior? The banner at the top of the page clearly says #158

Refreshed the page and it still says all tracks scored?
I like E-Dm but I like music with other chords too

Hi everyone!

I voted, and it's quite a hard work. Good works everyone, real fun there! :)

Madmac66 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Quit, restarted, cleared cookies. Still says #158. Still says all tracks scored????

Anyway, voting irregularities aside, I had the SC playlist on my phone as I drove around town on the late shift last night. Have to say it was great listening, some really good tracks, good listening.

Seems like a high level of arrangement and mixing. As might be expected with such a single minded synth a lot of similar sound design choices. Good work everyone, this was a most enjoyable soundtrack to a warm pleasant evening.

Madmac66 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:51 pm So I was gonna say I voted......but.....right at the end of reviewing all the tracks and doing the old draggy draggy thing, I noticed the tracks were all FOR OSC157!!!!

Was wondering why none of the names in the voting page did not match the names on the SC playlist....

So whats up with that? Anyone else get that behavior? The banner at the top of the page clearly says #158

I was struggling with the exact same issue, and it turned out it is (in my case) a problem occuring with firefox, both Mac and PC. so I switched to MS Edge and Safari and they work properly. Try it, I hope this helps.

Cheers

J O

Julian Olsen wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:27 pm
Madmac66 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:51 pm So I was gonna say I voted......but.....right at the end of reviewing all the tracks and doing the old draggy draggy thing, I noticed the tracks were all FOR OSC157!!!!

I was struggling with the exact same issue, and it turned out it is (in my case) a problem occuring with firefox, both Mac and PC. so I switched to MS Edge and Safari and they work properly. Try it, I hope this helps.

Cheers

J O
Yep, somehow the site is bogged for Firefox. I, too, had to resort to Edge. :(

Was there any live broadcast of the tracks with the surreal synth? ... the link provided by cherry audio, led to youtube only in videos with product demos. thanx!

Right, I'm on Firefox on a Mac so that seems to be the root cause. I'll double back to Safari and see if that works.

Thanks for the heads up guys!!

Works in Safari. Weird.

So question about voting. The rules says 1 pt will be automatically added to my own track, but I see my own track in the playlist. Do I drag my own song to the 1 pt bucket, or am I logged in wrong?

Cheers
mm66

This is normal. Just drag it to the 1pt bucket.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

I have voted! Wonderful pieces you have made!

I voted.

As a first timer, I have really enjoyed this, both creating the song and listening to your creations.

I am surprised of the amount of different sounds, and how good they are, using just one "simple" synth.

No doubt I will repeat this month!

With all these entries I am finding it hard to properly listen to every track which is a shame given the quality has been good so far. Sorry to anyone who didn't have a strong about the first 60 seconds (IMHO).
In some ways, I am surprised at how many "chiptune" style songs there are but I guess this synth was from the 80s. I guess I assumed there would be more who would try and create more modern styles of music.

Done Voting good effort everyone and congrats to the 5 who I gave 5 to.

All tracks scored! aka Voted :phones:
I listened to everything with great pleasure, a lot of interesting ideas.
I have tried to reward with my votes the tracks that struck me while using a less conventional approach.
Greetings to everyone.

Sample Me

Just to say - there is no big rush to listen and vote. There is another 11 days to go.
Captain Silverpants

Return to “Instruments”