Boys Don't Cry · The Cure (cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very good, I enjoyed it.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

This is very enjoyable. You've managed to capture the vibe very well. I like the mix too. There is good separation, and it sounds very authentic "late '70s", although at that time, I was stuck in the mid '70s (and maybe I'm still stuck there) :)

Good work :)

The Noodlist wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:08 pm Very good, I enjoyed it.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.
seismic1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:36 pm This is very enjoyable. You've managed to capture the vibe very well. I like the mix too. There is good separation, and it sounds very authentic "late '70s", although at that time, I was stuck in the mid '70s (and maybe I'm still stuck there) :)

Good work :)
Thanks your comment. Doing covers has made realize the importance of small amounts of gain automation. For example, decreasing the gain on the rhythm guitars on the verse by about 1.5 decibels made the vocals more intelligible without losing the rhythmic impact of the guitars.

Regarding the vibe, I think the dry drums, especially the snare, and the chorus effect on the guitars in the verse contribute. On the verse guitars, it sounds like the wet amount of the chorus effect increases during the fast-strumming transitions. I'm not sure if this was automated by hand, an envelope follower, or something else.

Thanks again for listening and commenting.

I seem to have issues playing your recording.
Rene

Yeah, I can't play it either. When I try to open it in a new tab, it tells me "The item is not available due to issues with the item's content."
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

This. The link does not work for me either.

Return to “Music Cafe”