Instrument and Effects true gems?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Omg. I've just recently got acquainted with the art by "G.O.A.T. and your mom".
I think it's an oversight to use "Quack" in a product name :(
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:22 am All Madrona Labs, all Unfiltered Audio
I'm thinking maybe all Devious Machines too!

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:22 am All Madrona Labs, all Unfiltered Audio
Amen to that, especially Byome-Triad-Lion.
Let me add Tokyo Dawn/vlagd's plugins, above all Limiter6, Molot and Kotelnikov, each one of them second to none.
On the instrument side it's Synth1 that somehow manages to bring me back to the roots and to take a break from the supersynths on a regular basis.

My most beloved and used plugin though is Waves' TG12345 sort of channel strip, trippy as heck and on (almost) all of my tracks :party:

for me it's Korg Wavestate Native
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

Kaivo
aliasing plugin owner
:?

PPG Wavemapper and Phonem

vsti's - same as always - Matrix 12V and impOSCar 2. Since the last time, I'd also add GForce OB-E.

fx - I like most all of the Arturia fx collection and NI's stuff.
But if by 'gem' you mean something I always use, it's got to be the envelope shaper and multiband envelope shaper included in Cubase.

In terms of instrument gems which are a bit less known:

MNTRA Instruments from Canada. It's like a Music Studio with software, not the other way around. Everything recorded in ultrasonic quality to maximize sound design in their sampler or elsewhere in the chain.

Their sound sculpture packs are amazing, Oracle(x) especially.

You can catch some of their stuff on PB Sales.

^^^
Interesting!
https://www.mntra.io/

When i first demo'd Oeksound's stuff (Spiff and Soothe), I thought, "Meh. Nothing to see here. Move along, folks." But as I delved further into them, I realized they were life-saving, or track-saving, tools. Same for Gullfoss. Same for my new weapon of choice - Adaptr's Sculpt.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Fuse Audio Labs and Audiority's processors have really impressed my ears.

atya wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:10 am
Amen to that, especially Byome-Triad-Lion.
Let me add Tokyo Dawn/vlagd's plugins, above all Limiter6, Molot and Kotelnikov, each one of them second to none.
On the instrument side it's Synth1 that somehow manages to bring me back to the roots and to take a break from the supersynths on a regular basis.

My most beloved and used plugin though is Waves' TG12345 sort of channel strip, trippy as heck and on (almost) all of my tracks :party:
I'm with you on TG12345 by Waves. It sounds so good its and I always thought it needed more attention than it got.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Xpand!2 by AIR Music Technology meets this criteria for me. Huge bang for buck, and a lot of nice sounds.

Another one I just thought of that definitely qualifies is FBM's MonoFury. I doubt it sounds much like a Mono/Poly but it's a great little synth in its own right and its four oscillators can put a lot of 8 voice unison to shame when it comes to sounding BIG. I've retrospectively added it to my original list.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Art Vera has one of the warmest ambient plugins.
Listen to the MP3 DEMOS:
https://www.artvera-music.com/art-pyrit ... ument.html

Return to “Instruments”