Poll: Which Arturia synths would you like to see updated next?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Choose two synths.

ARP 2600
29%
Clavinet
No votes
Farfisa
4%
Matrix-12
21%
Mini
9%
Modular
20%
SEM
5%
Solina
1%
VOX
4%
Wurlie
2%
Other (please list below)
5%

Total votes: 168

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since we know Arturia update at least two synths with each new V collection, which two would you like to see updated next.

Personally I'll choose Matrix-12 and the Wurlie. I'm quite fond of the Mini and Arp2600 as they are, although I do admit they probably sound furthest from the hardware.

They updated the Mini V not too long ago:
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... dthemini-v
so I voted for the Matrix-12 (though I like it as is at the moment) and the Modular.

I don't think the Matrix-12 sounds any worse than their newer synths. Ie. It's not bad.

I also kind of like the ARP2600 even thought I don't think it's very accurate. It's a very soft lo-fi-ish version but actually doesn't kind of nice pads and noisy ambient sounds.

Actually you're right, as it was released not too long ago. I think it arrived around 2015. Can I change my vote? :wink:

Yes I left the votes open for changing.

Arp2600 and Modular taking an early lead, I imagine updating Modular would be a lot of work.

Spark drum machine
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Zipede wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:47 pm Arp2600 and Modular taking an early lead, I imagine updating Modular would be a lot of work.
They should update them both as part of a fully modular instrument with modules from both synth systems and others

I'd rather have them buy in some analog modelling skills.

I'm not saying that they don't have any, just saying that their emus still lack something compared to the best analog modelled plugins out there.

I like Arturia, and, I think they really upped their game as of late. And, regarding their fx plugins, I don't have (m)any complaints. Their synths, hmm... not so. Admittedly, I'm a bit OCD about analog synth emulations. But, hey, that's what they're there for, right? To sound authentic, and "analog".

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 pm I also kind of like the ARP2600 even thought I don't think it's very accurate. It's a very soft lo-fi-ish version but actually doesn't kind of nice pads and noisy ambient sounds.
Yeah I love it - don't care if it's authentic it's just fun

Zipede wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:17 pm Yes I left the votes open for changing.
I changed my Matrix-12 vote over to the Arp 2600.

The ARP. Not that it's that bad but if they improve it as much as they did the CS-80 from its previous version...

I haven't used the others on the list enough to form an opinion on yet, except the Solina which I like but have no idea how it compares to the hardware.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 pm I also kind of like the ARP2600 even thought I don't think it's very accurate. It's a very soft lo-fi-ish version but actually doesn't kind of nice pads and noisy ambient sounds.
Yeah I love it - don't care if it's authentic it's just fun
Arp 2600 is probably my favorite of the analog emus TBH. So much fun creating weird patches.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:41 pm I'd rather have them buy in some analog modelling skills.

I'm not saying that they don't have any, just saying that their emus still lack something compared to the best analog modelled plugins out there.

I like Arturia, and, I think they really upped their game as of late. And, regarding their fx plugins, I don't have (m)any complaints. Their synths, hmm... not so. Admittedly, I'm a bit OCD about analog synth emulations. But, hey, that's what they're there for, right? To sound authentic, and "analog".
I can understand that, anything that makes them better is a good thing. For me, if it sounds as close as Arturia gets them, even if that's like 98% accurate, that seems to be enough to get my creative juices flowing, which is all I really want from a synth. After all, how many of us will really get the chance to own a bunch of these classic synths? I had a few when I was younger, but something like a Moog Modular or Matrix-12 was always out of reach for me, even more so now.

I would like for Arturia to update Mini V into a full blown Minimoog Voyager XL

Return to “Instruments”