Poll: Which Arturia synths would you like to see updated next?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Choose two synths.

ARP 2600
29%
Clavinet
No votes
Farfisa
4%
Matrix-12
21%
Mini
9%
Modular
20%
SEM
5%
Solina
1%
VOX
4%
Wurlie
2%
Other (please list below)
5%

Total votes: 168

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vertibration wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:00 pm I would like for Arturia to update Mini V into a full blown Minimoog Voyager XL
That would certainly make it worthwhile, there are enough Model D emus already.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:38 pm .....They should update them both as part of a fully modular instrument with modules from both synth systems and others
I like the idea of having a separate modular where you could use any osc./filter, etc. from any of the other synths.
But I also think they should keep the modulars that they have now, and not replace them.

IOW a new, distinct software modular sort of like their hardware Origin modular, as an addition to what they have now.

Also - while Matrix 12V is my favorite of the whole bunch, I voted for an update because I'd like to be able to get a bit more beefy and gnarly sounds from it.
Yes, you can get those from some of their other stuff, but those don't have all the modulation options that the Matrix does.

The Mini V is fine already. I voted Matrix.

Synthi V needs to incorporate sidechain so you can use it as an effect. Was always a little perplexed by that omission, since it's available in a few of their other synths, and many a drawn to the Synthi for Eno's sonic treatments.

SLiC wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:36 pm Spark drum machine
+1

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:49 pm The Mini V is fine already. I voted Matrix.
Me too. Not because Mini V is good (it isn’t), but there are already lots of excellent Minimoog emulations. Matrix-12 hasn’t been done by anyone else, and it’s a really great synth.
Stormchild

i only use pigments and mini v, but mini v doesnt need any updates as its just a small simple synth, i do think it sounds really good though, has a nice round fat sound, its great for bass, not the closest moog emulation though

pigments got updated recently but i guess id vote for pigments again

The Mini V is fine for the standard/basic subtractive sounds, but there's a quite a margin of improvement with the oscillator and filter modulation via OSC3. Last but not least the audio feedback behaviour.

And the fact that OSC3 coarse tuning works in semitone increments (similar case to the ARP2600 V) instead of being continuous is an issue with those kind of audio rate modulation sounds, which are also widely used with the Minimoog, besides the basic subtractive stuff.

The Minimoog is probably the most emulated of them all, but at the same time I can't blame any company for wanting to give their take on it, or Arturia for improving their own and therefore increasing the value of the VCollection.

About the Matrix-12, an engine update is welcome, but personally I'd be more than fine with voice dispersion being added to it. Although that seems unlikely to happen unless they plan a full rework.

Modular V gets my first vote ,cannot believe how it was endorsed by Bob Moog,after i've been using vm900 modules for voltage modular (which is a must more better emulation), i can defenitly say that it needs a lot more work to be much more authentic, most of the included modules in modular V have a HUGE differences in functions or the way they operate ,just look at their 960 sequencer , i hate the the way they wired the modules ,making a lot less versatility in connecting gate or trigger sinals, also it does have fixed modules ,why not let us choose which module to use in each cabinet . in voltage modular i have freedom just like in VCV,solorack or softube modular. it's 2022,not 2003 anymore time to inovate this product to today standards.
fairlight cmi....nothing like the original,qasarbeach is much better and faithful.
mini V - try using FM,push the modulation wheel, very different sound to other emulations.
Matrix 12 needs to be more acurate.
SEM V , please make it more like OB-E.
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Pigments
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I'm surprised the Vox and Farfisa got 4 votes each. Not sure how those could be bettered other than a better GUI without the silly guitar amp and stomps. There's not going to be some huge leap in transistor organ modeling and they already sound great!

My own votes would be for the Wurlie (which is just bad sounding) and Moog Modular. The Matrix 12 would be next on my list though, then the Minimoog.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:46 pm I'm surprised the Vox and Farfisa got 4 votes each. Not sure how those could be bettered other than a better GUI without the silly guitar amp and stomps. There's not going to be some huge leap in transistor organ modeling and they already sound great!

My own votes would be for the Wurlie (which is just bad sounding) and Moog Modular. The Matrix 12 would be next on my list though, then the Minimoog.
Yeah I'm surprised with the Vox and Farfisa as well, I just included all the ones that hadn't been updated in a while, but the Wurlie really needs some attention to catch up with the Stage-73 and Piano V3. Talking of Pianos, I still expecting a CP-80 from them at some point.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:46 pm I'm surprised the Vox and Farfisa got 4 votes each. Not sure how those could be bettered other than a better GUI without the silly guitar amp and stomps. There's not going to be some huge leap in transistor organ modeling and they already sound great!
Vox and Farfisa are OK. B3 could be improved, but doesn't need to be in the next update.

CrystalWizard wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:32 pm Pigments
Pigments is simply getting more fabulous with each update.
Mini V is also my vote on these

sergiofrias wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:12 pm ....Matrix 12 needs to be more acurate.....
I think it's pretty accurate to the hardware.
The Matrix 12 just isn't what I'd call a real ballsy synth.
Fabulously versatile though.

Return to “Instruments”