Arturia V Collection 10. Predictions.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Augmented synth : macro page to ease its use and performance. Detailed page is a modular synth with all modules from synths of the collection.
And jx-8p based on pg-8x

Is a Buchla 200 too much to ask?

10 will be so good, it will be a week before the predictions for 11 thread starts.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:48 am Of course, another prediction is that Arturia absorbs some, or a few, or just one other, software company that reproduces old-fashioned synths like XILS-Lab or GForce.
Not sure about that, but I think Xavier of XILS-lab used to work for Arturia long ago so who knows.

SHall1000 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:54 pm Maybe a little early with 9 only being released tomorrow, but we know what’s in it now. Might as well get the thread started.

Presumably more in the Augmented series to follow and updates to the Mini V, Modular V and maybe the Solina. How old is the ARP2600 V?
Are you serious? What's the point of this? :)

So many suggestions as to which of the existing instruments to rebuild - how about what they used to do which was including new instruments that hadn't been done before that made you want to upgrade - Synclavier, Fairlight, Buchla etc.

Maybe something modular (System 700?). Maybe a brand not done before - (Teisco S110f or SX400?). Maybe something madly expensive to buy on the used market (Roland SH5 or 7?). RSF Polykobol? Elka Synthex (I know XILS have done these to but hey, why should that stop them... Yamaha GS? CS15?

As for "what's the point of doing this?" - maybe now and again someone from Arturia would have a look in here and just pass on the serious suggestions to give the dev team some ideas?

I´d rather see a next gen VST engine from Arturia (or from some VST-competitor) than more existing Arturia software instruments getting the v9 treatment, for they all pretty much still sound the same anyway.

I´ve lately tested, among others, Falcon, Cherry, Serum, U-He, and this last weekend I tried the Arturia V Collection 9, and all sound fundamentally the same, with relatively small variations on the same theme. Some have a bit more compressing going on making the sound a bit snappy but at the same time more (painfully) sharp/digital to the ear, some sound a bit less sharp, but at the same time more dull. It is like something limits the sound from opening up, they all sound dull or too digital and sharp, especially when you stress them with simple cut off filter treatment, resonance, or whatever.

The sound from VST-synths right now May 2022, with a metaphor, look like nice films on a small screen 1280x720, but if you want to focus on some detail they very soon become grainy and digital and lose personality ("sound all the same") when watching on a big screen that needs 1920x1080 (HD) or 3840x2160 (4K) etc.

IMO the best VSTs I´ve got at the moment are Omnisphere with the Sound Extension Undercurrent from Spectrasonics and the Model 84 Juno 106 from Softube. They come, by a small but significant margin, closest qualitywise to sounding like hardware, but still with lots of room for improvement. These are up there at about 85-90%, but still I don´t feel like sitting with dedicated hardware that sound more open and alive and, again using the above metaphor, with the bandwith ready to take some mangling without losing resolution.

I don´t know what the bottleneck is, if it´s a CPU issue, more oversampling, a totally new take/approach, but something´s missing. Especially polyphonic synths lack the different voices interacting with each other like what I perceive is happening in the hardware polysynths I´ve owned, P5, P6 and Alesis Andromeda. So I´m waiting for the next gen.

Hopefully it will arrive in time. At least you can dream about it.

If they made a VSTi of Roland's SH-32, that would be nice as I'm currently in the market for buying one anyway.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I keep returning to this forum for the shit post humor
dedication to flying

...never had been that interested in the V Vollection, but the MS-20 really got me, so I demoed the whole collection and I really like the more experimental and quirky synths like the Buchla or the EMS Synthi. So the idea of a Polivoks as a screaming companion for the MS20 would be very cool. For the "vintage sampler range", I'd like to see something from the Emu E IV series and updates for the ARP2600 and the Mini V would be very advisable. And Arturia should better do this, because I bought that collection! :wink:

RikkShow wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:05 am Bit99
NordLead
Access Virus
Waldorf XT
Roland JP-8000
No point in doing that many more analog, we have them to death, but not so much of the early digital, non-Rompler ones.
I don't think we'll ever get a Virus Ti2 vst if Access doesn't sell it.

I don't think we'll get it? But I really want a solid SH101 and 303 emulation.

It also would be super-nice if we finally had a percussion tool included. I liked Spark, what was wrong with it?

Make granular synth Arturia, something big
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:00 am Make granular synth Arturia, something big
Yes! They could call it something like Pigments.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”