Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

The Moog Minitaur Editor and vst instrument is apple silicon native as of version 3.3.2.
minitaur.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Glitchmachines Palindrome is now M1 native. This new 1.3.0 version has appeared in the updates section of my Plugin Boutique account.

I'm happy that contrary to Cataract 2.0, this is not a paid update. Because I bought this recently.

It will be great if someone with more Glitchmachines plugins purchased via Plugin Boutique, can check if some of the others have been updated.

EDIT: I will answer my own question, all the others have been updated, checking the description of each one in Plugin Boutique. I downloaded the Hysteresis installer, which it's free, and now it's also M1 native.

Other company that contrary to Native Instruments, seems to have its complete portfolio running natively.
Last edited by Pinku Eiga on Wed May 18, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oeksound soothe2 is native. got the email this morning.

dayjob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:27 pm oeksound soothe2 is native. got the email this morning.
Already in the DB since 5/2.

teilo wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:39 pm
dayjob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:27 pm oeksound soothe2 is native. got the email this morning.
Already in the DB since 5/2.
oh didn't realize. i thought that was only a beta or something. anyway.. thanks :)

Pinku Eiga wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:58 pm Glitchmachines Palindrome is now M1 native. This new 1.3.0 version has appeared in the updates section of my Plugin Boutique account.

I'm happy that contrary to Cataract 2.0, this is not a paid update. Because I bought this recently.

It will be great if someone with more Glitchmachines plugins purchased via Plugin Boutique, can check if some of the others have been updated.

EDIT: I will answer my own question, all the others have been updated, checking the description of each one in Plugin Boutique. I downloaded the Hysteresis installer, which it's free, and now it's also M1 native.

Other company that contrary to Native Instruments, seems to have its complete portfolio running natively.
Glitchmachines does not show this on their plugins, and PluginBoutique lists some of them as native and some of them as "supported." So I'm not putting them in without specific confirmation.

EDIT: Confirmed on their support page: "MAC: As of May 2022, all of our software plugins are now ARM Native and have been fully tested in the latest Mac OS Monterey. We have also updated our entire lineup to VST3 (all VST2 variants have been discontinued)."

The new BassDrive and TubeWarmth plugins from ToneLib are native out the door. Version 1.0.0.
Image Image Image Image

The Moog Sub Phatty Editor has also been updated with native apple silicon support.
  • Native macOS Apple Silicon support
  • Improved macOS 11 and 12 compatibility.
  • Improved macOS VST2 and VST3 plugin support.
  • Improved responsiveness in standalone operation.
  • Improved MIDI memory usage.
Looking forward to getting this installed, haven't been able to access my patches in cubase 12, & the plugin doesn't work too well via rosetta in Ableton Live.

Peevy2000 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:32 pm The Moog Sub Phatty Editor has also been updated with native apple silicon support.
Looking forward to getting this installed, haven't been able to access my patches in cubase 12, & the plugin doesn't work too well via rosetta in Ableton Live.
Can you please tell me the version number when you get a chance? I can't find the change logs on their website.

teilo wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:56 pm
Peevy2000 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:32 pm The Moog Sub Phatty Editor has also been updated with native apple silicon support.
Can you please tell me the version number when you get a chance? I can't find the change logs on their website.
It's v2.2.3. The AU seems to be working well but the vst3 was causing notes to hang unless echo midi from host was turned off in preferences.

codeKnobs Prophet-6 Editor has been M1 native for a while. I suspect that their other editors are also native but I'm not sure.

KIT Plugins' Mo Q is also native

Still not Apple Silicon native: T-RackS :x
Last edited by jamcat on Thu May 19, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm Still not Apple Silicon native: T-RackS
Yep, I emailed their support 3 weeks ago asking for an update as their support page regarding M1 compatibility hasn't been updated and still doesn't even show Amplitube as M1 Native - got a reply with a link to the outdated support page. Fricking useless company!

I got "excited" today when I saw there was an update to 5.9 but this just introduced another Channel Strip and general stability bug fixes. How can companies release new Plugins without M1 Native support out of the gate at this stage?

If Peter from IK sees this - please tell your guys to update this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... I9JmpmbDM9

davestretch wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:17 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm Still not Apple Silicon native: T-RackS
Yep, I emailed their support 3 weeks ago asking for an update as their support page regarding M1 compatibility hasn't been updated and still doesn't even show Amplitube as M1 Native - got a reply with a link to the outdated support page. Fricking useless company!

I got "excited" today when I saw there was an update to 5.9 but this just introduced another Channel Strip and general stability bug fixes. How can companies release new Plugins without M1 Native support out of the gate at this stage?

If Peter from IK sees this - please tell your guys to update this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... I9JmpmbDM9
One thing I’ve learned transitioning to M1 is that I will never buy an IK plugin ever again.

jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm Still not Apple Silicon native: T-RackS :x
It's almost certain that T-RackS 6 will be native, and a paid upgrade.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”